Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
March 4, 2012
- Kentucky improves to 30-1, 16-0 in the Southeastern Conference, while Florida drops to 22-9, 10-6.
- The Wildcats are 115-25 all-time against Florida and 33-22 against Florida in Gainesville.
- UK is now 901-251 in SEC regular season action.
- The Wildcats are riding a 22-game winning streak and have won eight straight on the road. The last Wildcat team to win all eight on the road in SEC was the 2002-03 team that 16-0 in league play.
- Only two UK teams previously went 16-0 in league play, the 2003 and 1996 teams.
- With the win John Calipari has tied Adolph Rupp for the best start by a Kentucky coach through their first 107 games (94-13).
- The Wildcats' 30 regular season wins is the most in program history.
- Kentucky notched its 13th 30-win season.
- John Calipari has tallied eight 30-win seasons and has six in the last seven years.
- UK returns to action on Friday in the SEC Tournament in New Orleans. The Wildcats will play the winner of the LSU/Arkansas game. Tip-off is scheduled for noon ET and the game will be televised on the SEC Network.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 21st time. UK is 20-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller and Kyle Wiltjer were the first subs off the bench for UK. It was Miller's 19th time as the first sub and Wiltjer's seventh.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 818 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- With nine blocked shots, the Wildcats moved to sixth on the all-time NCAA team blocks list with 278.
- The Wildcats now have 278 blocks on the season and breaking the UK single season record (273 in 2010).
- Terrence Jones started the scoring Kentucky's first eight points as UK jumped out to an 8-2 lead.
- Trailing 14-13 at the 13:51 mark of the first half, the Wildcats went on a 12-0 run to take a 25-14 lead.
- Kentucky held a 40-32 lead going into halftime. The Wildcats are 24-0, 13-0 when leading at the half.
- UK's eight-point halftime lead at Florida was the largest for the Cats in Gainesville since the 2003 team led by 12 (43-31) at the half. Kentucky won that game 69-67 to complete a 16-0 run through the SEC.
- The Wildcats shot 54.3 pct. from the field in the first half and 52.5 pct. for the game. Kentucky, the league leader in field goal percentage, has shot 50 pct. or better from the field 15 times this season.
- UK's largest margin of victory in Gainesville since a 25-point win (79-54) in the 1998 season.
- Kentucky held Florida, the SEC's second-highest scoring team, to 59 points on 38.2 pct. shooting from the field.
Individual game notes
- Scored 14 first-half points, the seventh time this season he's going for double-digits in the first half.
- With 953 points, is now 47 points shy of becoming 59th member of UK's 1,000-point club.
- Finished with 19 points, the most since scoring 27 at LSU on Jan. 28.
- Hit his first 3-pointer since canning one against Alabama on Jan. 21.
#14 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- Has pulled down seven or more rebounds in 10 of his last 11 games.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 13-straight games
#23 Anthony Davis
- Final line was 22 points, 12 rebounds and six blocks.
- Scored his 14th double-double of the season, second most by a UK freshman.
- Finished with six blocks, moving to eighth (146) on UK's career blocks list
- Now ranks fifth on NCAA freshman blocks list.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in back-to-back games.
- Scored in double-figures in nine of his last 10 games.
#25 Marquis Teague
- Averaging six assists per game over last seven games.
- 2.3 assist-to-turnover ratio over the last 13 games.