Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
March 4, 2009
- Kentucky is 19-11, 8-7 in the Southeastern Conference.
- Georgia is 12-18 overall, 3-12 in the SEC.
- Kentucky leads the series, 110-24. UK leads 53-5 in games played in Lexington .
- Kentucky is 83-6 all-time on Senior Day.
- Kentucky concludes the regular season Saturday at Florida . The game will be nationally telecast by CBS at 2 p.m.
- Jared Carter made his first collegiate start, along with Patrick Patterson, Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks and Michael Porter.
- Ramon Harris swished a three at the 17:42 mark, extending UK 's streak of 705 games making at least one three-pointer.
- Trailing 14-10, Kentucky went on a 13-0 run for a 23-14 lead. Michael Porter fueled the spurt with a pair of three-pointers, plus a Porter assist on a Darius Miller three.
- Georgia fought back and regained the lead, 30-29, with 5:41 left in the first half.
- After that, the teams went back-and-forth until UK scored the last nine points of the half and led 49-47 at the intermission.
- UK 's 49 points were the most in a first half since tallying 59 against Tennessee State on Dec. 22.
- UK opened the second half with Porter, Meeks, Harris, Stevenson and Patterson.
- Early in the half, Georgia popped a 10-0 run to go ahead for good, 61-53.
- UK closed to within 63-62 at the 13:45 mark, but the Wildcats went cold after that with only two points in the next seven minutes. By that time, Georgia had built a 74-64 lead and the Wildcats got no closer than three (88-85) when Jodie Meeks sank a long three-pointer with one second left.
- Tonight's attendance 23,889.
- The Wildcats made 26 of 28 at the foul line, 92.9 percent.
- Kentucky got a season-high 16 steals.
Individual game notes
- Jodie Meeks led Kentucky with 23 points. He now has 1,142 in his career and moved past Randolph Morris (1,123) for 44 th place on the UK career scoring list.
- Michael Porter had a career-high 15 points, making 5-of-8 three-pointers.
- Patrick Patterson contributed 14 points, nine rebounds and a career-high eight blocked shots.
- In his first collegiate start, senior Jared Carter played the first 3:39 of the game and tallied a basket and a rebound.
- Ramon Harris had a career-high five steals.