Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
March 3, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 28-2, 13-2 SEC on the season. Georgia falls to 13-15, 5-10.
- UK is 112-24 against the Bulldogs and 39-15 against UGA in Athens.
- With a win, Kentucky claims a share of its 44 th SEC Championship and the top overall seed at next week's SEC Tournament in Nashville, Tenn. at Bridgestone Arena.
- With an SEC Championship in his first season as head coach at UK, John Calipari joined Tubby Smith and Eddie Sutton as UK coaches to win an SEC Championship in their inaugural season.
- Calipari has won five straight conference championships and six in his last seven years.
- Kentucky will play its final regular season game on Sunday, hosting the Florida Gators on Senior Day. Tip-off is scheduled for Noon with the game being televised on CBS.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the 22 nd time this season. Kentucky is 20-2 with that starting five.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Liggins' ninth time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 741 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- Kentucky led 40-36 at halftime. The Wildcats are now 24-1, 12-1) when leading or tied at halftime.
- --The Wildcats shot 48.5 percent (16-of-32) in the first half, its highest first half percentage since shooting 51.6 pct. at LSU (2/6).
- Leading 40-36 to start the second half, Kentucky went on a 12-0 run to open up a 52-36 lead while holding Georgia without a point until the 16:15 mark.
- Between the end of the first half at the 1:31 mark and the 16:15 mark of the second half, the UK defense held the Bulldogs without a field goal.
- Shot 54.4 percent from the field, the team's highest percentage in SEC play this season and the highest since shooting 60.3 percent against Hartford (12/29).
- Finished with eight three-pointers, the most since hitting nine against Ole Miss (2/2).
- Kentucky also shot 83.3 pct. (10-of-12) from the free throw line, its highest percentage since shooting 89.5 pct. against Drexel (12/21).
- The Wildcats have shot 79.5 pct. (31-of-39) from the free throw line over the last two games.
Individual game notes
- Made fourth straight start
- Connected on his first field goal since going 2-for-6 against Tennessee in Lexington (2/13).
- Hit on multiple three-pointers for first time since going 4-for-5 against Ole Miss (2/2).
- Tallied 11 points, the most since scoring 14 against Ole Miss (2/2).
#5 Ramon Harris
- Finished with three assists, tying his season high.
#11 John Wall
- Moved to first on UK's freshman scoring list with 493 points.
- Hit multiple three-pointers in a game for first time since sinking two against Ole Miss (2/2).
- Recorded his seventh 20-point game this season.
- Finished with three three-pointers, tying his career high.
- Averaging 18.9 points in last seven games
- Moved to 17 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,469 points.
- Has hit a three-pointer in nine of the last 10 games.
- Scored 11 first half points, the 10 th time this season he's gone for double-figures in the first half.
- Scored in double-digits for the sixth straight game and has done so in nine of the last 10 games.
- Recorded his ninth double-double of the season and 30 th of his career, tying him for sixth on UK's all-time double-double list.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Saw his first action since playing at LSU (2/6).