Kentucky-LSU Postgame Notes
Feb. 28, 2009
- Kentucky is 19-10, 8-6 in the Southeastern Conference.
- LSU is 25-4 overall, 13-1 in league play. The Tigers have won 13 straight SEC contests and clinched the outright regular-season conference championship with today's win.
- Kentucky leads the series, 78-23. UK leads 39-5 in games played in Lexington .
- Kentucky returns to action Wednesday at home vs. Georgia . The game will be at 8 p.m. and be a live regional telecast on Raycom Sports.
- UK used the starting lineup of Michael Porter, Jodie Meeks, Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson and Patrick Patterson for the 18th time this season.
- UK jumped out 8-4, but LSU stormed back with a 20-4 run to take a 24-12 lead. It was the Tigers' largest lead of the game.
- Jodie Meeks hit UK 's only three-pointer of the half, extending UK 's streak of 704 games making at least one three-pointer.
- LSU led 36-28 at halftime.
- UK opened with a different lineup in the second half, with Kevin Galloway and Darius Miller in for Perry Stevenson and Michael Porter.
- The Wildcats clawed back in the game early in the second half, eventually tying the game at 40 on a Jodie Meeks basket with 15:04 to go.
- Trailing 44-43, the Cats put together an 11-0 spurt for a 54-44 advantage with 11:07 to play.
- LSU gradually edged back, getting the lead 63-62 on a Bo Spencer running banker with 2:18 left.
- Trailing 70-66, UK tied it when Kevin Galloway made a foul shot, missed the second, Patrick Patterson got the rebound, and Darius Miller tied it at 70 with a three-pointer with 28 seconds to go.
- On the subsequent possession, LSU's Tasmin Mitchell canned the go-ahead three-pointer with 10 seconds remaining and the Tigers hung on for the victory.
- Today's attendance of 24,411 is the highest of the season, fourth-best in Rupp Arena history.
- Kentucky shot 53.8 percent from the field, the 15 th time this season that UK has made at least half its shots in a game.