Kentucky-Arkansas Postgame Notes
Feb. 27, 2014
Team Records, Notes
- Kentucky is 21-7 overall, 11-4 in the Southeastern Conference. Arkansas is 19-9 overall, 8-7 in league play.
- Kentucky leads the series 25-11, including 12-3 in Lexington. Arkansas won the earlier meeting this season, an 87-85 decision in Fayetteville.
- Kentucky has a quick turnaround, playing Saturday at South Carolina. Game time is 6 p.m. and it will be televised by ESPN.
- Kentucky started Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, James Young, Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson for the eighth-consecutive game. It’s the 12th time this season UK has opened with an all-freshman lineup and UK is 10-2 in those games.
- Arkansas scored on its first three possessions in building a 7-2 lead.
- Kentucky came back with a 9-0 run to go ahead 11-7.
- Trailing 13-11, Arkansas went on a 15-2 run for a 26-15 Razorback advantage.
- The Hogs led by as many as 12 on two occasions and went to halftime up 37-30.
- Trailing 50-43, UK went on a 14-2 run. The 57-52 lead was UK’s largest of the game.
- Arkansas rallied back to tie the back at 60 on a pair of foul shots by Rashad Madden with 29 seconds remaining.
- The score remained tied at 60 as Andrew Harrison’s short jumper was blocked by Coty Clarke and Arkansas’ Alandise Harris missed a 3-point heave at the buzzer.
- Clarke got the first score of overtime on a 3-pointer at 3:28 and Arkansas led the rest of the way.
- The last time Kentucky played back-to-back overtime games was Dec. 9 and 16, 1978 when the Wildcats beat Kansas at home, 67-66, then lost at Indiana, 68-67.
- The last time Kentucky played two overtime games against the same opponent in the same season was in 2010 when the Wildcats defeated Mississippi State twice, 81-75 at Starkville and 75-74 at the SEC Tournament in Nashville.
- Willie Cauley-Stein and Julius Randle each had a double-double tonight. The last time two Cats had double-doubles in the same game was against Texas-Arlington on Nov. 19.
- Kentucky was strong around the basket today.
- UK won the rebounding 47-38, including a season-high 26 offensive rebounds.
- UK won points in the paint 42-20 and second-chance points 19-11.
- Willie Cauley-Stein totaled 16 points and 13 rebounds, his third double-double of the season and seventh of his career.
- The 13 rebounds tied his career high set earlier this season vs. Robert Morris.
- Julius Randle got 14 points and 10 rebounds, his 15th double-double of the season.
- James Young tallied 11 points, the 10th time in last 11 games he has scored in double figures.