Kentucky-Mississippi State Postgame Notes
Feb. 27, 2013
Team Records, Notes
- Kentucky won its third game in a row and is 20-8 overall, 11-4 in the Southeastern Conference.
- Mississippi State is 7-20 overall, 2-13 in the league
- Kentucky leads the series 89-20 and has won the last five meetings.
- UK leads the series 45-5 in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky honored the 1996 national championship team at halftime of tonight's game, presenting the players with championship rings.
- Kentucky also recognized 18 student-athlete inductees into the UK Athletics Frank G. Ham Society of Character at halftime.
- Kentucky begins a two-game road swing Saturday, March 2, at Arkansas. The game will be at 4 p.m. EST and televised by CBS.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein for the third-straight game.
- After an early 2-2 tie, Kentucky led the remainder of the game.
- Ahead 11-8, UK made a 13-0 run for a 24-8 lead.
- Kentucky took a 42-19 lead into halftime. The Wildcats are 18-1 this season when leading at intermission.
- UK began the second half with an 8-0 run to make it 50-19.
- UK led by as many as 35 points at 85-50.
- Kentucky won its 20th game tonight. It is the 57th season that UK has won at least 20 games, including all four seasons under Coach John Calipari.
- Kentucky shot 54.8 percent from the field. It's the third game in a row that the Wildcats topped the 50 percent mark, and UK is 11-0 this season when making at least half their shots.
- UK is 10-0 this season when scoring at least 78 points.
- UK had a decisive edge in points in the paint, 46-18.
- All five starters scored in double figures.
- Under Coach Calipari, UK is 73-2 when limiting the opponent to 63 or fewer points.
- Under Coach Calipari, UK is 31-0 when holding the opponent to 55 or fewer points.
- Willie Cauley-Stein had 12 points, six rebounds and three blocked shots.
- Has scored double figures in five of the last seven games
- Archie Goodwin had 11 points, his 19th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Ryan Harrow had led all scorers with 19 points and had seven rebounds and four assists.
- Averaging 15.7 points and 6.7 rebounds over the last three games
- Reached double-figure scoring for the 15th time in the last 19 games
- UK is 11-0 this season when Harrow has at least four assists
- Jon Hood tallied five points, three rebounds and an assist.
- Most points this season against an SEC opponent
- Tied his season best for rebounds
- Julius Mays had 11 points, four rebounds and three assists.
- Has made a three in 17-straight games
- Has made at least two threes in eight-straight games
- Reached double-figure scoring for the seventh time in the last eight games
- Jarrod Polson had nine points, tied his career best for rebounds with four, and had three assists
- Alex Poythress had 16 points and eight rebounds.
- Had 13 points in the first half, the second-consecutive game he reached double figures in the opening stanza.