Kentucky-Arkansas Postgame Notes
Feb. 23, 2011
- Kentucky dropped to 19-8, 7-6 SEC on the season. Arkansas improved to 17-10, 6-7 SEC.
- The Wildcats are 24-8 all-time against the Razorbacks and dropped to 6-5 against Arkansas in Fayetteville. UK has won 10 of the last 11 in the series.
- UK is 119-31 against SEC West teams since the league split into two divisions in 1992.
- Kentucky will be in action again Saturday, Feb. 26 hosting No. 13 Florida. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. ET with the game being televised on CBS.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb and Josh Harrellson for the second-straight game. UK is 1-1 with that starting lineup.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his second time to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 776 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- UK dropped its fourth straight road game for the first time since the 2007-08 season. The last time UK lost four-straight road league games was at the end of the 2006-07 season.
- UK trailed 32-30 at halftime. The Wildcats are 2-6 and 1-5 in league games when trailing at the half.
- DeAndre Liggins scored in double-digits for the 11th time this season; the Wildcats are 9-2 in those games.
- Kentucky dropped its first game (13-1) this season when holding opponents under 40 pct. shooting from the field.
- Kentucky played its first overtime game of the season and first since the SEC Tournament championship game last year against Mississippi State.
- It was the first time since Jan. 17, 1998 that Kentucky and Arkansas played to overtime. UK won that game 80-77. The Cats are 2-1 against the Hogs in overtime games.
- The Wildcats are 51-43 all-time in overtime games. UK has won three of its last four overtime games.
- Kentucky hit three 3-pointers, the fewest since knocking down three at South Carolina.
- The last time UK lost a game by one-point was in the 2008-09 season to South Carolina, 78-77.
Individual game notes
- Recorded a pair of three-point plays.
- Scored in double-figures for the third straight game.
- Finished with 13 points, eight rebounds, two blocks a steal and an assist.
- Played a career-high 44 minutes.
- Scored in double-figures for the seventh straight game.
- Played a career-high 39 minutes.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Finished with career-highs in points (26), rebounds (8), FG attempted (23) and minutes (43).
- Scored in double-figures for the 22nd straight game.
- Tallied his 12th 20-game this season.
- Has grabbed 17 rebounds over the last three games.
- Was 9-for-9 at the free throw line, his best effort since hitting 10-10 against Indiana.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Has scored in double-figures in four of the last five games.
- Finished with 13 points, five rebounds, tying his career-high for minutes played with 39.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Had six points, eight rebounds a pair of assists, one block and one steal in the first half.
- Finished with 12 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks in a career-high 42 minutes.
- Recorded his fourth double-double this season and his first career SEC double-double.
- Tallied his 11th double-digit rebound game this season.