Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
Feb. 20, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 18-8 overall, 9-4 in the Southeastern Conference.
- Vanderbilt is 10-15 overall, 4-9 in the league.
- Kentucky leads the series 138-45. UK leads 77-14 in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky continues its three-game homestand Saturday as the Wildcats host Missouri and ESPN GameDay. The game is set for a 9 p.m. start.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein for the first time this season.
- Kentucky went ahead 8-6 on a layup by Ryan Harrow and never trailed again.
- Leading 10-9, Kentucky went on a 13-0 run for a 23-9 lead.
- UK went into halftime with a 42-34 lead. UK is 17-1 this season when ahead at intermission. Cauley-Stein had 12 points in the first half, just two away from his career high. Goodwin also had 12, his first double-figure outing in four games.
- Kentucky stretched the lead to 58-45 with 9:03 to play before VU went on a 10-0 run to slice the margin to 58-55.
- Poythress responded with a dunk and free throw to make it 61-55 but VU got a couple of buckets from Josh Henderson to make it 61-59.
- At that point, Julius Mays made a series of big plays, helping account for eight of UK's last 13 points.
- He blunted the momentum with a three at the 3:23 mark, his second longball this half with the shot clock near expiration, to make it 64-59.
- On the next possession, he tossed a lob for a Cauley-Stein dunk to make it 66-60.
- He made three of four foul shots in the final minute.
- As a team, UK made six of eight foul shots in the last minute of the game to keep VU at bay.
- Kentucky shot 51.8 percent from the field and the Wildcats are 9-0 this season when making at least half their shots.
- UK won points in the paint 38-24.
- Willie Cauley-Stein scored a career-high 20 points, adding seven rebounds and three blocked shots.
- Tied his previous career best (14) on the first possession of the second half.
- Made his first six field-goal attempts and finished 8 of 10 from the field.
- He has eight double-figure scoring games this season, including four of the last five.
- First Wildcat to reach 20 points since Goodwin and Wiltjer each did so at Ole Miss.
- Archie Goodwin notched 16 points, six rebounds and three assists.
- His 18th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Ryan Harrow totaled 12 points, five rebounds, four assists and no turnovers.
- UK is 9-0 this season when Harrow has at least four assists.
- Julius Mays had nine points, six rebounds and six assists.
- Has made a three in 15-straight games.
- Has made at least two threes in six-straight games.
- UK is 4-0 when he has six or more rebounds.
- UK is 5-0 when he has five or more assists.
- Jarrod Polson had three points, three rebounds and an assist.
- Has made a 3-pointer in four-straight games.