Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
Feb. 20, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 26-1, 11-1 SEC on the season and takes a two game lead in the SEC overall standings. Vanderbilt falls to 20-6, 9-3.
- UK is 133-43 against the Commodores and 52-26 against Vandy in Nashville.
- Kentucky won in Memorial Gymnasium for the first time since the 2005 season.
- Kentucky will be in action again Thursday, when they host South Carolina. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. with the game being televised on ESPN2.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the 19 th time this season. Kentucky is 18-1 with that starting five.
- Daniel Orton was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Orton's team leading 14 th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 738 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats led 27-25 at the half. UK is 22-1, 10-1 SEC when leading or tied at the half this season.
- The UK defense has yet to allow an opponent to shoot 50 percent from the field.
- Kentucky shot its lowest percentage from the free throw at .567 (17-of-30).
- The Wildcats were outrebounded for the first time since South Carolina (1/26).
- Kentucky forced Vanderbilt into 15 turnovers and converted that into 19 points off turnover, outscoring the Commodores 19-8 in that category.
- UK got the win despite shooting a season low .358.
Individual game notes
- Made his first start since the Vanderbilt game in Lexington (1/30).
- After going three straight games without a three-pointer, has connected on a trey in two straight games.
#11 John Wall
- Moved to fourth on UK's all-time freshman scoring list with 424 points.
- Has hit a three-pointer in three of his last four games.
- Has hit 28-of-39 free throws over last four games.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Moved to fifth on UK's all-time freshman scoring list with 417 points.
- Scored in double-digits in the first half for the ninth time this season.
- Has scored in double-figures in 18 of his last 19 games.
- Moved to 20 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,419 points.
- Recorded his second straight double-double and his eighth this season. It was his 29 th career double-double moving him to a tie for seventh on UK's all-time double-double list.
- Has hit a three-pointer in seven straight games.
- Finished with 13 rebounds and is averaging 10 rebounds in last three games.