Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Feb. 17, 2015
- Kentucky is 26-0, 13-0 in the Southeastern Conference. South Carolina is 12-12 overall, 3-9 in league play.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series by a 151-67 margin.
- With 26 consecutive victories to begin the season, UK is off to the best start in program history.
- With Tuesday’s win UK passed the 1953-54 team, which started 25-0.
- Kentucky is the only team in Southeastern Conference history to begin a season 26-0.
- UK’s 13-0 start to conference play is the Wildcats’ best since the 2011-12 team started 16-0 in SEC play.
- Kentucky’s 26-game winning streak is tied for the third longest in school history.
- The streak is the second longest over the course of a single season, tying the 2002-03 Wildcats.
- The 1995-96 Wildcats went on a 27-game winning streak, which is the single-season school record.
- Kentucky is 203-27 all-time when ranked No. 1 and has won 48 of the last 50 games as The Associated Press top-ranked team.
- Calipari has led three schools to a No. 1 ranking (Massachusetts, Memphis, Kentucky) and has a 92-9 record as the top-ranked coach, including 51-4 at UK.
- Calipari is now 178-37 (.828) as head coach at Kentucky, the best winning percentage of any coach in UK history.
- Kentucky returns to Rupp Arena on Saturday vs. Auburn. Game time is 7 p.m. ET and it will be televised on ESPN.
- UK hit 81 percent at the free-throw line, 17 of 21. It is the 11th time in the last 14 games that the Cats have made at least 70 percent from the line. Kentucky’s season percentage from the free-throw line is 70.5.
- UK is 109-5 in the John Calipari Era when holding opponents to 63 or fewer points, including 21-0 this season.
- UK is 56-0 in the John Calipari Era when holding opponents to 55 or fewer points, including 18 times this season.
- Kentucky’s streak of 926 consecutive games with a 3-pointer was extended when Andrew Harrison connected from long range at the 15:42 mark of the first half.
- Tennessee made two 3-point shots, tying Texas A&M and the game at South Carolina for the second fewest made 3s by a UK opponent this season. Missouri made just one 3 in the Jan. 13 game.
- The Volunteers shot 4 of 10 from the line. Tennessee’s .400 free-throw percentage was the second lowest by a UK opponent this season (.250 by UCLA).
- Kentucky’s opening lineup featured Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Trey Lyles, Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein for the ninth time this season.
- Tennessee shot 54 percent on 13 of 24 on field goals for the best first-half percentage vs. UK this season.
- UK allowed just 25-percent shooting in the second half.
- With 9:09 left, UK led just 48-44. From there, the Cats outscored Tennessee 16-4.
- Freshman guard Devin Booker grabbed a career-high seven rebounds, including four on the offensive end.
- His previous best was four boards.
- Booker just missed out on a career-high point total with 18 points.
- Freshman guard Tyler Ulis dished out six assists Tuesday, his highest assist total since dropping six dimes on at South Carolina on Jan. 24.
- Ulis added eight points with seven of them coming in the first half.
- Sophomore guard Andrew Harrison continued his recent strong play with 14 points.
- He’s averaging 12.0 points over his last five games.
- On Tuesday, he was a perfect 4 for 4 from the line, his fourth 4-for-4 performance at the charity stripe this season.
- Junior forward Willie Cauley-Stein just missed out on his third double-double of the season with nine points and seven rebounds.