Kentucky-Mississippi State Postgame Notes
Feb. 16, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 25-1, 10-1 SEC on the season. Mississippi State falls to 18-8, 6-5.
- UK is 85-20 against the Bulldogs and 31-12 in Starkville.
- Kentucky played its second overtime game this season. The Wildcats are 2-0 in two overtime games this season.
- The last time UK played an overtime game against SEC opponent was in the 2008 SEC Tournament against Georgia.
- The Wildcats ended a three-game losing streak to Mississippi State.
- Kentucky will be in action again Saturday, traveling to Vanderbilt. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. with the game being televised on ESPN.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darnell Dodson, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the fifth straight game. Kentucky is 5-0 with that starting five.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Liggins' sixth time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 737 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats led 32-29 at the half. UK is 21-1, 9-1 when leading or tied at the half.
- UK turned the ball over just six times in the first half, the fewest since six first half miscues against Auburn.
- Kentucky finished with just 12 turnovers, the fewest since 10 against Florida.
Individual game notes
- Made his first trip to the free throw line since going 3-of-5 against Georgia.
- Hit his first three since connecting against Ole Miss.
- Started his sixth straight game.
#11 John Wall
- Moved to fourth on UK's all-time freshman scoring list with 424points.
- With 11 first half points, has scored in double-digits in the first half 10 times this season and the second time in the last three games.
- Has pulled down 24 rebounds in last three games.
- Finished with 17 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists.
- Recorded his fourth double-double this season, his second in points and rebounds in three games.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Moved to fifth on UK's all-time freshman scoring list with 417 points.
- Has nine straight double-digit rebounding games.
- Recorded his 16 th double-double this season, the sixth most in a season and the most since Jim Andrews recorded 21 in the 1973 season.
- Scored in double-figures for the 17 th time in 18 games.
#24 Eric Bledsoe
- After going three-straight games without a three-pointer, has hit connected on four in the last two games.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Has hit a three-pointer in six straight games
- Has hit a three-pointer in six-straight games.
- Moved to 21 st on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,406 points.
- Has hit 14-16 from the free throw line over the last six games.
- Recorded his seventh double-double this season and first since against Long Beach State.