Kentucky-Arkansas Postgame Notes
Feb. 14, 2009
- Kentucky is now 18-7, 7-3 on the season. Arkansas 13-10, 1-9.
- Kentucky leads the series with Arkansas 23-7.
- The Wildcats are 20-9 all-time on Valentine's Day.
- Kentucky has a short layoff, traveling to Vanderbilt Tuesday for a nationally televised contest on ESPN with the Commodores.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Josh Harrellson, Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. It was the first time with that starting five.
- UK won the opening tip. It was the first time Perry Stevenson jumped center this season.
- Jodie Meeks scored the game's first points, the fourth time he has been the first scorer this season.
- A.J. Stewart was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his first time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- UK extended its string of 700 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- The Wildcats made eight three-pointers in the first half. It was the most they've made in the first half this season.
- UK's 40 first half points were the most since tallying 41 at Tennessee.
- UK led 40-29 at the half. The Wildcats are now 16-2 and 6-2 in the SEC when leading at the half.
- After ranking towards the top of the nation in free throw percentage most of the season, the Wildcats have hit just 58.3 percent (21-for-36) in the last two games.
Individual game notes
- Fouled out for the third time this season.
#5 Ramon Harris
- Made his 42 nd career start
- Pulled down a season high nine rebounds.
- Tied career high with five assists.
#13 Michael Porter
- Made his 34 th career start
- Has hit 6-of-12 three-pointers in last three games
#15 A.J. Stewart
- Was the first sub off the bench for the first time this year
- Hit his first career three-pointer
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Made his 31 st career start
- Finished with five blocked shots moving him into ninth on UK's blocks list with 130.
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Made his 31 st career start
- Scored Kentucky's first seven points of the game
- Has scored in double digits in 25 straight games. The longest streak since Tayshaun Prince did it 29 times in the 2000-01 season.
- Recorded 22 first half points, the fifth time this season he's gone for 20 in the first half.
- Has hit a three-pointer in every game this season and multiple three-pointers in 18 of the last 19 games.
- Broke the Bud Walton Arena scoring record by an opposing player, formerly held by Nate Driggers of Montevallo (37) in 1993.
- Broke the Bud Walton Arena scoring record with 45 points, formerly held by Al Dillard (39) in 1993.
- Has set two arena scoring records this season, including a Thompson-Boling Arena record 54 against Tennessee.
- Finished 4-for-7 from the free throw line. It was the first time this season he's missed more than two free throws in a game.
- Became the 56th member of UK”s prestigious 1,000 point club. He currently has 1,037.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Made his first career start