Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Feb. 13, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 24-1, 9-1 in the Southeastern Conference while Tennessee is 18-6 overall, 6-4 in league action.
- Kentucky has won five in a row.
- Kentucky leads the series, 143-65, including 86-16 in Lexington. T he teams' 208 meetings are the second-most in the SEC; only Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State has been played more.
- Kentucky has four of its next five games on the road. The Wildcats begin that stretch on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST at Mississippi State. The game will be televised by ESPN.
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Darnell Dodson, Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins for the fourth-consecutive game.
- Kentucky got on the board first at the 18:02 mark on a fast-break layup by Patterson on a pass from Bledsoe. The Wildcats followed with baskets from Wall and Dodson for a 6-0 lead.
- Tennessee responded with a 12-1 run for a 12-7 Volunteer advantage.
- DeAndre Liggins' three-pointer at 12:05 extended UK's streak of 736 consecutive games with at least one long ball.
- The teams battled evenly the remainder of the half, with Kentucky taking a 30-29 lead into intermission. Tennessee center Wayne Chism led all scorers with 10 points, including a pair of three-pointers. John Wall paced the Wildcats with nine points.
- Trailing 52-50 with 10 minutes remaining, UK went on a 20-4 run over the next eight minutes for an insurmountable 70-56 advantage.
- UK began the run with a 10-0 spurt.
- After Tennessee closed within 60-56, Eric Bledsoe nailed a pair of three-pointers for a 66-56 advantage.
- During the 20-4 run, Bledsoe scored 10 points and Wall tallied eight.
John Wall had 24 points and three assists.
- It is his second-consecutive 20-point game and sixth of the season.
- The 24 points are his best against an SEC opponent, second only to his career-high 25 vs. Connecticut on Dec. 9.
- Wall extended his UK freshman season assist record to 154.
- Wall took three charges tonight on defense.
- Eric Bledsoe pumped in 16 points, his best since the 25-point outing at Florida.
DeMarcus Cousins had five points and a game-high 12 rebounds.
- Cousins ended his streak of seven-straight double-doubles.
- He did extend his streak of consecutive double-figure rebounding games to eight in a row.
DeAndre Liggins played a solid floor game with seven points, four rebounds, four assists, two steals and a blocked shot.
- With Bledsoe and Wall combining for 18 points in the decisive 20-4 run, Liggins got the other basket on a steal and layup with 4:22 to go.