Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
Feb. 12, 2011
- Kentucky falls to 17-7, 5-5 SEC on the season. Vanderbilt improves to 18-6, 6-4 SEC.
- The Wildcats are 133-44 all-time against the Commodores and 52-27 against Vanderbilt in Nashville.
- UK is 161-52 against SEC East teams since the league split into two divisions in 1992.
- Kentucky will be in action again Tuesday, Feb. 15 hosting Mississippi State. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET with the game being televised on ESPN.
Team Game Notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson. Kentucky is 15-6 with that starting five.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Lamb’s 19th time to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 773 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats trailed 44-40 at the half, the sixth time this season. UK is 1-5, 0-4 when trailing at halftime.
- Kentucky scored its most points in a loss this season.
- The last time UK had two players score 20 or more points was against Ole Miss, Terrence Jones (22) and Doron Lamb (20).
- The Wildcats yielded 11 Vanderbilt 3-pointers, the most by an opponent this season.
- UK grabbed 12 offensive rebounds and has 27 in the last two games.
- The Wildcats committed only eight turnovers, the sixth time this season the Cats have turned the ball over fewer than 10 times.
- Kentucky outscored Vanderbilt in the paint 34-22
Individual Game Notes
- Finished with seven points, three rebounds, two blocks and an assist in only 18 minutes of action.
- Has as 3-pointer in 11-straight games.
- Finished with a team-high 25 points, nine rebounds, three blocks, two assists and two steals.
- Scored in double-figures for the fourth straight game and 16th time in the last 17 games.
- Tallied his eighth 20-point game this season, tying him for fourth among UK freshmen 20-point games. Brandon Knight, Patrick Patterson and Rex Chapman are tied for first with nine.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Has hit a 3-pointer in nine straight games.
- Recorded multiple 3-pointers for the 20th time this season.
- Scored in double-figures in the first half for the 12th time this season.
- Recorded double-figures for the 19th straight game.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Hit double figures for the ninth time this season.
- Drew two charges, his fourth and fifth on the year.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Pulled down double-figure rebounds for the 11th time this season.