Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
Feb. 11, 2012
- Kentucky improves to 25-1, 11-0 in the Southeastern Conference, while Vanderbilt falls to 17-8, 6-4.
- The Wildcats are 135-44 all-time against Vanderbilt and 53-27 against Vandy in Nashville.
- John Calipari is now 2-1 in Memorial Gym as Kentucky’s head coach.
- Calipari is now 70-1 when holding an opponent to 67 points or fewer.
- UK is now 896-251 in SEC regular season action.
- UK is currently riding a 16-game winning streak and has won six straight on the road. The 16-game streak is the second longest streak in the Calipari era behind the 19-0 start by the 2009-10 squad. The last Wildcat team to win six-straight on the road in SEC was 02-03 team that went 8-0.
- Kentucky has won its first 11 in league play, the best SEC start for the Wildcats since the 2002-03 team went 16-0.
- UK returns to action on Saturday, hosting Ole Miss. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. ET and the game will be televised on SEC Network.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 17th time. UK is 16-1 with that starting five.
- Kyle Wiltjer was the first sub off the bench for the sixth time this season.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 813 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats held Vanderbilt scoreless for a five-minute stretch (12:20 – 7:20) in the first half. It was the 13th time this season UK has held its opponent scoreless for a five-minute stretch.
- The Wildcats led at the half 36-23 and are now 21-0, 10-0 when leading at halftime.
- Kentucky held Vanderbilt to 27.6 pct. shooting from the field in the first half, the ninth time this season and the third time in the last four games the Cats have held their opponent below 30 pct. from the field in the first half.
- The Wildcats held Vanderbilt to 36.5 pct. from the field, the fifth straight opponent to shoot less than 40 pct. from the field.
- Kentucky committed just six turnovers; the fourth time in the last seven games UK has had single-digit turnovers. The Wildcats are averaging only 8.3 turnovers in their last seven games.
- UK has not had an assist-turnover ratio under one in the last eight games.
Individual game notes
- Scored in double-figures (14) in the first half for the sixth time this season.
- Finished with 14 points, nine rebounds, four blocks and two steals.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Scored game-high 16 points.
- Has led the Cats in scoring a team-high eight times.
- Has hit multiple 3-pointers in seven of the last eight games.
- Averaging three 3-pointers per game over the last three games.
#23 Anthony Davis
- Finished with seven blocks, giving him 127 on the season and moving him to seventh on the SEC single-season blocks list and 12th on UK’s career blocks list.
- Averaging 6.5 blocks over last four games.
- Scored in double-figures in five-straight games.
#25 Marquis Teague
- Had a first-half stat line of eight points, five assists and three rebounds.
- Scored in double-figures in back-to-back games.
- Finished with 13 points, eight assists, four rebounds and only one turnover.
- Has a 3.0 assist-turnover ratio in last two games.