Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Feb. 9, 2011
Team Records and Series Info
- Kentucky is 17-6 overall, 5-4 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is 15-9 overall, 5-4 in league play.
- UK leads the series with Tennessee, 145-66, including 87-16 in Lexington.
- Kentucky has a 161-52 record against SEC East teams since the league split into divisions in 1991-92.
- Kentucky’s next game at Vanderbilt on Saturday. The game is set for a 1 p.m. EST start (noon Central in Nashville). The game will be televised by CBS.
- Kentucky used the lineup of Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller, Terrence Jones and Josh Harrellson for the 20th time this season.
- Neither team scored on its first three possessions before Liggins got the first tally of the game on a three-pointer with 18:16 on the clock.
- Tennessee got its only lead of the game at 5-3 and UK reclaimed the lead for good at 8-5.
- Kentucky was ahead 16-12 when Tennessee’s Scotty Hopson hit a three-pointer at the 11:46 mark. UK held UT without a field goal for six and one-half minutes as the Wildcats went on a 17-2 spurt, opening the biggest lead of the game at 33-14 with 5:51 to play.
- Tennessee closed the half with a 10-0 run in the final three minutes and Kentucky went to intermission with a 35-28 advantage.
- Tennessee got the first basket of the half, extending its run to 12-0 and cutting the UK lead to 35-30.
- Kentucky responded with a 13-0 run, extending the lead to 48-30.
- Tennessee got back within 10 points at 52-42 with 10:56 to go but that is as close as the Volunteers got the remainder of the game.
- Kentucky is 29-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- UK has won 30 in a row at home, beginning with the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and continuing with the last 28 at Rupp. It is the second-longest active streak in the nation.
- UK is 17-0 this season when holding the opponent under 68 points.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 772 consecutive games.
- DeAndre Liggins tied his career high with 19 points and had a career-high five steals
- Also had 19 points earlier this season vs. Indiana
- Had an efficient shooting night by making 5 of 6 field goals and 7 of 8 at the foul line
- UK is 8-0 this season when he scores double figures
- Josh Harrellson notched 16 points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Most points for him vs. this season vs. an SEC opponent
- Most points for him since his career-high 23 at Louisville
- Has blocked a shot in 15 consecutive games
- UK is 6-0 this season when he scores in double figures
- Terrence Jones collected his eighth double-double of the season with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- He also tied his season high for blocked shots with four
- Brandon Knight tallied 12 points and three assists.
- Has scored in double figures in 17-consecutive games and 22 of 23 games this season