Kentucky-LSU Postgame Notes
Feb. 6, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 22-1, 7-1 SEC on the season. LSU falls to 9-14, 0-9.
- UK is 79-24 against the Tigers and 28-16 in Baton Rouge.
- Today's game was the 107 th anniversary of the first game in UK history. The Wildcats lost a 16-5 to Georgetown College.
- Kentucky will be in action again Tuesday, returning home to host Alabama. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. with the game being televised on ESPNU.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darnell Dodson, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the second straight game. Kentucky is 2-0 with that starting five.
- The Wildcats played in their blue uniforms for the sixth time this season. The Cats are 5-1 in their road blues.
- DeMarcus Cousins won the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 18 times this season.
- DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton were the first subs off the bench for Kentucky. It was Orton's team leading 13 th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench and the third time for Liggins.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 734 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- After falling behind 6-1 early, the Wildcats went on a 33-4 run to take the lead for good.
- The Wildcats carried a 42-14 lead into halftime. UK is 18-1 and 6-1 when leading or tied at the half.
- UK allowed only 14 first half points to the Tigers, the fewest by an opponent this season and the fewest since allowing only 13 to Indiana in the 2009 season.
- Kentucky's 26-point margin of victory was its largest in the series since a 30-point win (76-46) in the 2000 season.
Individual game notes
- Started his third straight game.
- Has hit a three-pointer in seven-straight games.
#4 Jon Hood
- Hit his second three-pointer in conference play and first since Arkansas game.
#11 John Wall
- Became the fourth freshman in UK history to hit 100 free throws in his rookie campaign. DeMarcus Cousins became the third earlier in the game.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Became the third freshman in UK history to hit 100 free throws in his rookie campaign.
- Scored 15 points in the first half, his fifth straight game in double-digits.
- Over last five games, is averaging 11.8 (59) points and 7.6 (38) rebounds in first half.
- Recorded his sixth straight double-double, the first Wildcat since Chris Mills in the 1989 season to tally six-straight double-doubles. It was his 14 th of the season, the most in a season since Jamaal Magloire recorded 15 in the 2000 season.
- Has scored in double-figures in 15 straight games, becoming the first Wildcat to do so since Jodie Meeks in the 2009 season.
- Moved to seventh on UK's all-time freshman scoring list with 377 points.
#24 Eric Bledsoe
- Finished with four steals and has 11 steals in his last three games.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Pulled down a career high eight rebounds.
- Moved to 24 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,368 points.
- Finished with 16 points, the most since tallying 17 against Georgia.