Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Jan. 29, 2011
Team Records and Series Info
- Kentucky is 16-4 overall, 4-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 14-6 overall, 3-4 in league play.
- UK leads the series with Georgia, 113-25.
- Kentucky has a 160-51 against SEC East teams since the league split into divisions in 1991-92.
- Next for the Wildcats are a pair of road games. The Wildcats open the trip at Ole Miss on Tuesday at 7 p.m. EST. The game will be televised by ESPNU.
- Kentucky used the lineup of Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller, Terrence Jones and Josh Harrellson for the 17th time this season.
- Darius Miller opened the scoring on the game's first possession with a three-pointer from the right wing at 19:37. It's the sixth time this season that UK has opened the scoring with a three-pointer, third time by Miller.
- UK jumped out to a 9-2 lead, prompting a Georgia timeout at 17:06.
- UK's biggest lead of the half was 17 points at 37-20 and 39-22.
- UK went to halftime ahead 39-24. Doron Lamb led all scorers with 11 points and Darius Miller had 10.
- Kentucky led by as many as 17 points early in the second half.
- UK still led by 13 points (59-46) with 4:03 to play when Georgia made a 7-0 run to cut the advantage to 59-53 at 2:03. The Bulldogs got the ball back twice but missed each time before Darius Miller gave Kentucky some breathing room with a pair of foul shots.
- UK made seven of eight foul shots down the stretch to keep Georgia at bay and the Bulldogs got no closer than six points.
- Kentucky is 28-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- UK has won 29 in a row at home, beginning with the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and continuing with the last 28 at Rupp. It is the second-longest active streak in the nation.
- Georgia shot 36.8 percent from the field. UK is 12-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent from the field.
- Conversely, UK is 14-0 this season when shooting at least 40 percent from the field. The Wildcats hit 43.1 percent of their shots this afternoon.
- UK is 15-0 this season when having a better shooting percentage than the opponent.
- UK is 16-0 this season when holding the opponent under 68 points.
- Kentucky had only nine offensive turnovers today, leading to just three Georgia points off turnovers. UK came into today's game as one of the nation's top-10 teams in fewest turnovers, averaging just 11.2 miscues per game.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 769 consecutive games.
- Doron Lamb led all scorers with 19 points.
- Lamb scored 18 in the previous game vs. Georgia. Two of his five top-scoring games this season have come against the Bulldogs.
- Lamb made three three-pointers, most for him since canning seven threes vs. Winthrop.
- Brandon Knight tallied 11 points, five rebounds and a team-high four assists.
- Knight has pulled down at least five boards in six-consecutive games, a fine mark for a point guard.
- Darius Miller had 14 points, extending his personal record of five-straight games in double figures.
- DeAndre Liggins had 11 points today. The Wildcats are 7-0 this season when he reaches double figures.
- Josh Harrellson had four points and a team-high eight rebounds today.
- Had three steals, tying his career high set earlier this season at Georgia.
- Had two blocked shots, marking his 12th-straight game with at least one rejection.
- Terrence Jones had seven points in today's win, breaking a streak of 12 straight games in double figures.