Kentucky-LSU Postgame Notes
Jan. 28, 2012
- Kentucky improves to 21-1, 7-0 in the Southeastern Conference, while LSU falls to 12-9, 2-5.
- The Wildcats are 81-24 all-time against LSU and 29-16 in Baton Rouge.
- UK is now 892-251 in SEC regular season action.
- Kentucky has won three-straight against LSU by an average of 29.3 points.
- Kentucky extends its winning streak to 13 straight games and has won four straight on the road. The 13-game streak is the second longest streak in the Calipari era behind the 19-0 start by the 2009-10 squad.
- Kentucky has won its first seven in league play, the best SEC start for the Wildcats since the 2004-05 team started 10-0.
- UK returns to action on Tuesday, hosting Tennessee. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET and the game will be televised on ESPNU.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 13th time. UK is 12-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for the 12th time this season.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 809 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- UK led 35-26 at the half. The Wildcats are 17-0, 6-0 when leading at halftime.
- Terrence Jones scored UK’s final four points of the first half and first nine of the second half.
- The 24-point victory was Kentucky’s largest in conference play this season.
- The Wildcats held the Tigers to 39.6 pct. from the field. The 14th time this season the Cats have held its opponent below 40 pct.
- The Wildcats held their turnovers to single-digits for the seventh time this season.
- The six Kentucky turnovers were the fewest since four against Portland on Nov. 26.
- The Wildcats blocked eight shots, giving them 204 on the season, fourth most on the all-time season blocks list.
Individual game notes
- Finished with 13 points pushing career total to 1,081 career points, moving him to 48th on the UK all-time scoring list.
- Scored in double-figures in the first half for the second-straight game and the fourth time this season.
- Has hit nine 3-pointers over last three games.
- Finished with a season-high 27 points.
- Finished one rebound shy of a double-double.
- Added three blocks.
#14 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- Finished with eight rebounds, giving him 19 in his last two games.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Hit multiple 3s for the fourth straight game and six of the last seven games.
#23 Anthony Davis
- Tallied three blocks, giving him 101 on the season, which ranks second on the SEC freshman blocks list and 12th on the league’s single-season blocks list.
- Had 11 rebounds, giving him 228 rebounds on the season, fifth most by a UK freshman.
- Recorded his 11th double-double of the season, one shy of third on the UK freshman double-double list.
#25 Marquis Teague
- Hit multiple 3-pointers for the third time this season and first time since Auburn game on Jan. 11.
- Finished with four assists and one turnover. His assist to turnover ratio of 3.0 over last four games.