Kentucky-South Carolina Postgame Notes
Jan. 26, 2010
- Kentucky suffered its first loss and is now 19-1, 4-1 SEC on the season. South Carolina improves to 12-8, 3-3.
- UK is 41-10 against the Gamecocks and 16-6 in Columbia.
- Kentucky will be in action again Saturday, returning home to host Vanderbilt. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. with the game being televised on ESPN.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the fifth straight game. Kentucky is 17-1 with that starting five.
- The Wildcats played in their blue uniforms for the fifth time this season. The Cats are 4-1 in their road blues.
- South Carolina won the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 16 times this season.
- Perry Stevenson was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his first time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 731 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats led 29-26 at halftime. With the loss UK drops to 15-1 when leading at the half.
- UK shot 38.6 percent from the field, its lowest percentage of the season.
- Kentucky was outrebounded for only the fourth time this season.
Individual game notes
- Recorded his first dunk of the season.
#11 John Wall
- Tied freshman assist record with 126 th of the season, held by Dirk Minniefield, 1979-80.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Recorded his 11 th double-double of the season, tying Chris Mills' (1987-88) UK freshman record for double-doubles in a season.
- Tied career high with 27 points.
- Has three straight double-doubles.
- Tallied third 20-10 game this season and first since 24 point-10 rebound effort against UNC Asheville.
- Scored double-digits in 12 straight games.
- Has 13 multi-blocks game this season.
- Has eight blocks in last three games.
- Moved to 27 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,328 points.
- Tied season high with two blocks
- Finished with eight rebounds, the most since tallying 11 against Long Beach State.