Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Jan. 24, 2012
- Kentucky improves to 20-1, 6-0 in the Southeastern Conference, while Georgia falls to 10-10, 1-5.
- The Wildcats are 114-25 all-time against Georgia and 40-16 in Athens.
- UK is now 891-251 in SEC regular season action.
- The Cats have won 12-straight. The second longest streak in the Calipari era behind the 19-0 start by the 2009-10 squad.
- Kentucky has won its first six in league play, the best SEC start for the Wildcats since the 2004-05 team started 10-0.
- UK returns to action on Saturday, traveling to Baton Rouge, La. to take on the LSU Tigers. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. ET.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 12th time. UK is 11-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for the 11th time this season.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 808 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- Trailing 14-11, Kentucky went on a 10-0 run, it’s 11th of the season, to take a 21-14 lead.
- With the Wildcats leading 30-25, Darius Miller went on his own 7-0 run to push UK’s lead to 37-25.
- Kentucky’s six first-half 3-pointers tied its season high for 3s in the first half.
- The Wildcats led 38-26 at the half and are now 16-0 when leading at the half.
- Kentucky finished the game with 10 blocks, pushing its season total to 196 on the season, 20th on the SEC single-season team blocks list.
- UK led 46-30 at the 15:30 mark and then scored only four points over the next 10 minutes; however the Wildcat defense kept Georgia at bay, allowing only six points during that time.
- The Wildcats held UGA to 44 points, the fewest by an opponent since allowing only 40 to Radford on Nov. 23. It was the fewest points yielded by the UK defense in an SEC game since allowing 44 to LSU on Jan. 14, 2011. It was also the lowest output by Georgia this season.
- Kentucky finished with eight 3-pointers, the most since canning nine against Samford on Dec. 20.
Individual game notes
- Tied his season-high with 19 points.
- Pushed his career total to 1,068 career points, moving him to 51st on the UK all-time scoring list.
- Recorded his eighth multi-3-pointer game this season and second straight.
- Has hit three or more 3-pointers in five games this season.
- Scored in double-figures in the first half for the third time this season and first since the Lamar game on Dec. 28.
- Tied his season-high with four 3-pointers.
#14 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- Went for double-figures (10) in the first half, his fourth time this season and first since the Louisville game on Dec. 31.
- Has scored in double-figures in four-straight games.
- Tallied his fourth double-double this season and his fifth double-digit rebounding game.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Hit multiple 3-pointers for 14th time this season and the fifth time in the last six games.
#23 Anthony Davis
- Finished with five blocks, pushing his block total to 98, which ranks third on the SEC freshman blocks list and 14th on the league’s single-season blocks list.
- Now has 217 rebounds on the season, fifth most by a UK freshman.
- Finished with 11 rebounds, his 11th game with double-digit rebounds.
#33 Kyle Wiltjer
- Recorded multiple 3-pointers for the fourth time this season and the first time since the Loyola game on Dec. 22.