Kentucky-South Carolina Postgame Notes
Jan. 22, 2011
- Kentucky improves to 15-4, 3-2 SEC on the season. South Carolina drops to 12-6, 3-2 SEC.
- The Wildcats are 43-10 all-time against the Gamecocks and 17-6 in Columbia.
- UK’s first win in Columbia since the 2007-08 season.
- UK is now 522-176 against schools comprising the SEC’s Eastern division. The Cats have gone 159-51 against SEC East teams since the league split into two divisions in 1992.
- Kentucky will be in action again Saturday, Jan. 29, hosting Georgia. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. p.m. ET with the game being televised on ESPN.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson. Kentucky is 13-3 with that starting five.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Lamb’s 14th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 768 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The UK defense forced its fifth and sixth shot-clock violations this season.
- The Wildcats shot 82.8 pct. (24-of-29) from the free-throw line, their highest percentage since league play began.
- Kentucky held the Gamecocks to 33.3 pct. (19-57) shooting.
- The Wildcats hit only three 3-pointers, the fewest since knocking down three against Washington in the Maui Invitational.
Individual game notes
- Finished with a season high 18 points.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in six straight games and 17 of 19 games this season.
- Has scored in double-digits in four-straight games and five of the last six.
- Has registered two blocked shots in three-straight games.
- Played a career-high 39 minutes.
- Finished with 10 first-half points, the sixth time this season he’s gone for double-digits in the first half.
- Shooting 74.5 pct. from free throw line (35-of-47) in SEC play.
- Saw three minutes of action all in the first half, an SEC career high.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Finished with 23 points, his eighth 20-point game this season, tied for third most by a freshman, one behind leaders Patrick Patterson and Rex Chapman.
- Scored 11 first-half points, the 11th time this season he’s scored double-figures in the first half.
- Has connected on 13 3-pointers in his last four games.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 17 of 19 games this season.
- Has four-straight multi-3-pointer games.
- Pulled down a career-high seven rebounds.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Finished 7-of-8 from the free throw line.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Has four-straight multi-block games and has blocked 17 shots in the last six games.