Kentucky-Auburn Postgame Notes
Jan. 21, 2009
- Kentucky is 15-4 overall, 4-0 in the Southeastern Conference.
- The last time Kentucky opened 4-0 in the SEC was in Jan. 2007. With Florida and Mississippi State sustaining losses tonight, UK is the only team undefeated in the SEC.
- Auburn is 11-7 overall, 1-3 in league play.
- Tonight marked the 100th meeting between Kentucky and Auburn in men's basketball.
- Kentucky leads the series, 83-17, having won the last 10 in a row.
- UK leads 43-2 in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday at Alabama. The game is at 3 p.m. ET (2 p.m. in Tuscaloosa ) and will be regionally televised by Raycom Sports.
- UK used the starting lineup of Michael Porter, Jodie Meeks, Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson and Patrick Patterson for the fourth-straight game and 10th time this season.
- Jodie Meeks made the first basket of the game at the 19:03 mark, extending Kentucky 's streak of 692 consecutive games with a three-pointer.
- Patrick Patterson reached a double-double in the first half with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
- There were six ties and 12 lead changes in the first half.
- Kentucky led 34-33 at halftime when Patrick Patterson blocked a shot, grabbed the ball, and dribbled the length of the court before feeding Ramon Harris for a layup at the buzzer.
- UK is 13-0 this season when leading at halftime.
- Kentucky jumped out with an 8-0 run in the second half …
- Auburn kept chipping away and led 51-48 on a Frankie Sullivan three-pointer with 9:09 remaining.
- Kentucky responded with a decisive 12-0 run for a 60-51 lead. The Wildcats held Auburn scoreless for 5:41 during that stretch. Tay Waller broke the streak with a three-pointer with 3:27 left but Kentucky held on the rest of the way.
- Kentucky held Auburn to 38.8 percent from the field. UK is 14-0 this season when limiting the opponent under 40 percent from the field.
- UK shot 52.5 percent from the field, the 11 th time this season the Wildcats have made at least half their shots.
- Kentucky dominated the rebounding, 42-22. The +20 margin is UK's second-largest of the season.
Individual game notes
Jodie Meeks led all scorers with 31 points.
- It is his sixth 30-point game of the season.
- Meeks has made multiple three-pointers in 13 straight games.
Patrick Patterson totaled 21 points and a career-high 18 rebounds.
- It is his 10th double-double of the season, most in the SEC.
- It is his 16th career double-double, tying him for 20 th in UK history.
- Perry Stevenson totaled 13 points and 12 rebounds, his second double-double of the season and fifth of his career.