Kentucky-Alabama Postgame Notes
Jan. 18, 2011
- Kentucky fell to 14-4, 2-2 SEC on the season. Alabama improved to 11-7, 3-1 SEC.
- The Wildcats are 100-36 all-time against the Crimson Tide and 28-22 in Tuscaloosa and have won five of the last six against Alabama.
- UK is now 472-116 against schools comprising the SEC’s Western division. The Cats have gone 119-29 against SEC West teams since the league split into two divisions in 1992.
- Kentucky will be in action again Saturday, Jan. 22, travelling to South Carolina. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. p.m. ET with the game being televised on ESPN.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Doron Lamb, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson for the third straight game. Kentucky is 2-1 with that starting five.
- Terrence Jones was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Jones’ fourth time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 767 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats trailed 37-30 at the half, only the fourth time this season. Kentucky is 1-3 when trailing at halftime.
- Over the final 3:34 of the first half and 4:30 into the second half, the Wildcats were outscored 22-5 during which time Alabama increased its lead from 30-27 to 52-32.
- The Wildcats pulled close late in the second half on the strength of a 23-8 run.
- Kentucky had four players score in double-figures led by Terrence Jones’ 17. Also scoring double-digits was Doron Lamb (16), Brandon Knight (14) and Darius Miller (12).
Individual game notes
- Has scored double-figures in three-straight games.
- Has scored in double-figures in each of the last 11 games.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Has scored in double-figures in each of the last 13 games.
- Hit multiple 3-pointers for the 15th time this season.
- After scoring only two points in the first half, netted 12 points in the second half.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 10 straight games.
- Has hit multiple 3-pointers 13 times this season.
- Scored 12 first-half points, the seventh time this season he’s going for double-figures in first half.