Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Jan. 18, 2009
- Kentucky is now 14-4, 3-0 on the season. Georgia falls 9-9, 0-3.
- Kentucky leads the series 110-23. The Wildcats are 38-15 against Georgia in Athens, and 31-14 against the Bulldogs in Stegeman Coliseum.
- The 68-45 final was the largest margin of victory in the series since UK defeated Georgia 95-68 in the 1997 SEC Tournament in Memphis.
- UK's 28-point lead in the second was its largest against Georgia since a 30-point lead in a 76-55 win in the 2005 season.
- Kentucky returns to Rupp Arena on Wednesday, when they host the Auburn Tigers. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. with the game being televised on Raycom.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. Kentucky is 7-2 with that starting five.
- UK won the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 13 times this season. Patrick Patterson has jumped center for every game this year.
- For the first time this season, Perry Stevenson scored the first points of the game. Stevenson gave UK a 2-0 lead hitting two free throws.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his team leading eighth time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- UK extended its string of 691 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- Kentucky held Georgia to 31.1 percent from the field, the lowest opponent field goal percentage since holding Central Michigan to 31.0 percent.
Individual game notes
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Hit his first free throw since going 2-for-2 against Tennessee State on Dec. 22.
- Scored in double figures for the fifth time this season and the 15th time in his career.
- Tallied 13th multi-block game this season.
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Has hit a three-point field goal in 19 straight games, including all 18 this season.
- Has hit multiple three-pointers in 12 straight games.
- Scored in double-digits (15) for the 13th time this season and the seventh time in the last eight games. He is averaging 14.2 ppg in the first half this year.
- Had his streak of 36 straight free throws broken. It was the 13th longest single season streak in SEC history and the third longest in UK history.
- Recorded his fifth straight 20-point game. The last time a Wildcat recorded 20 in five straight games was Ramel Bradley last season.
# 34 DeAndre Liggins
- Has recorded three or more assists in nine of last 12 games.
#43 Jared Carter
- Saw his first action since playing a minute against Central Michigan
- Recorded first blocked shot since blocking a shot against Appalachian State.
- Reached double-digits(10) in first half for the sixth time this season.
- Tied his career high in blocked shots (4).