Kentucky-Arkansas Postgame Notes
Jan. 17, 2012
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 18-1 overall, 4-0 in the Southeastern Conference, and the Wildcats have won 10 in a row.
- Arkansas is 13-5 overall, 2-2 in league play.
- Kentucky leads the series 25-8 and has won 11 of the last 12.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday against Alabama for a home game at noon. The game will be televised by CBS.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Marquis Teague, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Darius Miller, Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis for the third-straight game. UK is 3-0 when starting this lineup.
- Kentucky tallied the first eight points of the game before Arkansas got on the board with a dunk by Michael Sanchez at the 16:57 mark.
- UK’s lead reached double figures (13-2) at the 14:13 mark on a three-point play by Davis.
- UK increased the lead to as many as 20 points at 33-13.
- UK settled for a 16-point halftime advantage at 37-21. Davis led the way with 11 points, seven rebounds and four blocked shots.
- Kentucky led by as many as 28 points at 70-42.
- UK finished with an 86-63 win.
- UK shot 57.1 percent from the field. It is the 10th time this season that the Wildcats made at least half their shots in a game.
- UK controlled the game around the basket
- UK won the rebounding 38-26
- UK won points in the paint 46-30
- UK blocked 13 shots, the fourth game this season that the Cats have had at least 13 rejections. The Wildcats came into the game leading the nation with 9.2 blocks per game.
- The Wildcats extended their home winning streak to 46 games, the longest active streak in the nation. The run includes the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and the last 45 games at Rupp Arena.
- UK is a perfect 45-0 under Calipari at Rupp Arena, the longest win streak in venue history.
- UK owns a 471-60 all-time record in Rupp Arena.
- Since the 2000 season, Calipari-coached teams have posted a 199-19 record at home.
- UK is 63-1 under Calipari when the opponent scores 67 or fewer points.
- In its 109th season of basketball, Kentucky is the NCAA’s all-time wins leader with 2,070 wins.
- Anthony Davis had a career-high 27 points and added 14 rebounds and seven blocked shots
- Has 89 blocks on the season, breaking the school record of 83 by Andre Riddick in 1993-94 and Melvin Turpin in 1982-83.
- Davis has blocked at least two shots in every game this season. He entered the game leading the nation with 4.6 blocks per game.
- Davis has 10 double-doubles this season, fourth all-time among UK freshmen.
- Davis has 197 rebounds this season, sixth all-time among UK freshmen.
- Davis has scored double figures in eight-straight games.
- Davis has made 38 of his last 45 foul shots (84.4 percent).
- Terrence Jones notched 13 points, nine rebounds and added a career-best five blocked shots
- Has scored double figures in five-straight games
- Marquis Teague tallied seven points and a career-high nine assists.
- Doron Lamb had 14 points.
- He attempted 12 shots, most for him since the Samford game on Dec. 20.