Kentucky-Auburn Postgame Notes
Jan. 16, 2010
- Kentucky is now 18-0, 3-0 SEC on the season. Auburn falls to 9-9, 0-3.
- UK is 84-17 against the Tigers and 27-13 in Auburn.
- Kentucky has won 11 straight against Auburn and four in a row in Auburn.
- This is the final time the Wildcats will play in Beard-Eaves Coliseum. UK has tallied a 24-9 all-time record in the venerable arena.
- Coach Calipari has won 53 straight regular season conference games, breaking Adolph Rupp's NCAA record for regular season conference games won.
- Calipari has also won 64 straight league games (in conference tournament games), tying Rupp's NCAA record for most consecutive wins against league foes.
- Kentucky will be in action again next Saturday, returning home for the first time in two weeks to host Arkansas. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. with the game being televised on the SEC Network.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the ninth straight game. Kentucky is 16-0 with that starting five.
- The Wildcats played in their blue uniforms for only the fourth time this season. The Cats are 4-0 in their road blues.
- DeMarcus Cousins won the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 15 times this season.
- Daniel Orton was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his 11 th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 729 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- UK led 39-26 at halftime. The Wildcats are 14-0 when leading at the half this season.
- The Cats 13 point halftime lead was its largest in league play this season.
- The Wildcats shot 27 free throws in the first half, the highest first half total this season. UK's 16 made free throws was also a first half high.
- Kentucky tied its season high for free throws attempted with 35. The Wildcats were 23-35 from the free throw line.
- UK outrebounded Auburn by four. The Wildcats have outrebounded their opponents 15 times this season.
- The Wildcat defense held Auburn to 41.7 percent from the field. UK has not allowed an opponent to shoot above 50 percent this season.
Individual game notes
#11 John Wall
- Has scored in double-figures in 16 of 17 games this season.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Recorded his ninth double-double of the season and his first in SEC play.
- Scored in double-digits in 10-straight games.
- Pulled down nine first half rebounds, his third highest first half total this season.
- Finished with four blocks, the most since recording five against Rider.
#24 Eric Bledsoe
- Hit multiple three-pointers for the second straight game.
- Averaging 19 points in two SEC road games.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Hit his first three-pointer since the Hartford game and his first in SEC play since hitting two against Mississippi State on Feb. 3, 2009.
- Moved within six points of 28 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,314 points.
- Tallied 12 first half points, his second highest first half total this season. Patterson scored 14 in the season opener against Miami University.
- Scored double-figures for the 13 th straight game.