Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Jan. 13, 2009
- Kentucky is now 13-4, 2-0 on the season. Tennessee falls to 10-5, 1-1.
- Kentucky leads the series 141-65. The Wildcats are 51-46 against Tennessee in Knoxville.
- UK won for the time in Knoxville since 2006 season.
- Kentucky returns to action on Sunday, traveling to Athens, Ga. to take on the Georgia Bulldogs. Tip-off is scheduled for Noon with the game being televised on Raycom.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. Kentucky is 6-2 with that starting five.
- UK lost the opening tip. It was the only the fifth time in 17 games this season the Wildcats have lost the opening tip.
- Kevin Galloway was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was the second time this season he was the first Wildcat off the bench.
- UK extended its string of 690 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- Kentucky shot 66.7 percent from the field from three-point range in the first half, the highest percentage since shooting 71.4 (5-7) in the first half against Kansas State.
- UK's 90 points was the most against Tennessee since scoring 92 (92-60) in the 2004 season.
Individual game notes
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Fouled out for the second time this season and the seventh time in his career.
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Has hit a three-pointer in every game this season and 18 straight.
- Has hit multiple three-pointers in 11 straight games.
- Scored in double-digits for the 12 th time this season and the sixth time in the last seven games. He is averaging 14.2 ppg in the first half this year.
- Has scored 20 points in the first half four times this season. His 26 first half points tonight was one shy of his career high 27 against Tennessee State.
- Hit five or more three-pointers for the fifth time this season.
- Has recorded four straight 20 point games. Ramel Bradley was the last Wildcat to tally four straight 20 point efforts, doing so last season.
- Became first Wildcat to record two 40 point games in a season since Dan Issel in the 1970 season.
- Set school record for points with 54. It was the 21 st highest scoring game in SEC history and the most in the SEC since Shaquille O'Neal scored 52 against Arkansas State in 1990.
- Set the school record for three-pointers with 10. It was the second most in SEC history.
- He has now connected on 34 straight free throws.
- Hit a career high 14 free throws.
- Recorded his 10 th double-digit rebound game this season and the 16 th in his career.