Kentucky-Auburn Postgame Notes
Jan. 11, 2012
- Kentucky improves to 16-1, 2-0 in the Southeastern Conference, while Auburn fell to 10-6, 0-2.
- The Wildcats are 86-17 all-time against Auburn and 28-13 in Auburn.
- This was UK’s first game in the recently constructed Auburn Arena.
- UK is now 890-246 in SEC regular season action.
- Kentucky has won 13-straight in its series against Auburn, one short of the longest streak in the series.
- UK returns to action on Saturday, traveling to Knoxville, Tenn. to take on the Tennessee Volunteers. Tip-off is scheduled for noon ET and the game will be live on ESPN.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marquis Teague and Anthony Davis for the first time this season.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for the first time this season.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 804 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats led 32-28 at the half. Kentucky is 13-0 when leading or tied at halftime this season.
- Darius Miller hit a 3-pointer with 3:28 left in the second half to give Kentucky an eight point lead (57-49), its largest lead of the game at the time.
- The UK defense held Auburn to just two field goals over the final 11 minutes and outscored Auburn 23-6 during that time.
- Kentucky held Auburn to just eight second-half field goals (33.3 pct.).
- Kentucky finished with eight turnovers, the first time since Dec. 20 the Cats have had single-digit turnovers.
- Kentucky forced 15 turnovers resulting in 24 points, outscoring the Tigers in points off turnovers 24-6.
- The Cats tallied 10 steals, the most since recording 10 steals at Indiana.
Individual game notes
- Scored nine points, pushing his career total to 1,023, tied for 54th on UK’s all-time scoring list.
- Scored in double-figures in three-straight games.
- Tied his career-best with three steals.
- Tied his career-best with three blocks.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Came off the bench for the first time this season and tied for the team lead in scoring with 14 points.
- Tallied his 100th career 3-pointer.
#23 Anthony Davis
- Scored in double-figures in six-straight games and seven of the last eight.
- Has record three or more blocks in 16 of 17 games this season.
- Tied his career-high with three steals.
- With four blocks, has 78 blocks on the season, one shy of the UK freshman blocks record. He moved to fifth on UK’s single-season blocks list, one shy of fourth and he is now five blocks shy of the school record.
#25 Marquis Teague
- Hit multiple 3s for the second time this season and the first time since knocking down three against Penn State on Nov. 19.
- Has hit 21 of his last 24 free throws.
- Has scored in double-figures in back-to-back games.