Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Jan. 8, 2011
- Kentucky fell to 12-3, 0-1 SEC on the season. Georgia improved to 12-2, 1-0 SEC.
- The Wildcats are 112-25 all-time against the Bulldogs and 39-16 in Athens.
- UK is now 52-25 in SEC openers and has won 21 of its last 24 league lid-lifters.
- Kentucky drops its first SEC opener since going down to Vanderbilt 57-51 to begin the 2005-06 SEC slate.
- Kentucky will be in action again Tuesday, Jan. 11, hosting Auburn in its SEC home-opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. p.m. ET with the game being televised on ESPNU.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson for the 15th straight game. Kentucky is 12-3 with that starting five.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Lamb’s 13th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 764 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The UK defense forced its fourth shot clock violation this season.
- Kentucky trailed 41-30 at the half, the largest halftime deficit in an SEC game since trailing Tennessee by 11 (40-29) last season.
- Trailing 47-36 early in the second half, the Wildcats went on an 11-0 run to tie the game at 47-47.
- The Kentucky defense held the Bulldogs without a field goal 4:24 during their run to tie the game.
- Kentucky took its first lead of the game at the 10:05 mark in the second half on Terrence Jones’ 3-point play, to make it 56-55.
- Georgia shot 44.9 pct. from the field, the highest field goal percentage by an SEC opponent since Tennessee hit 47.5 pct. last season.
- UK managed 14 offensive rebounds, the fourth straight game the Cats have been in double-digits on the offensive glass.
- Doron Lamb, DeAndre Liggins and Darius Miller all fouled out of the game. It was the second time (UNC) UK has had three guys foul out of a game.
Individual game notes
- Has hit 13-straight free throws.
- Has scored double-figures in eight straight games.
- Has eight or more rebounds in six of his last eight games.
- Finished with 10 rebounds, his most since pulling down 17 against Notre Dame.
- Recorded a team-high 24 points and finished with his fourth 20-10 game of the season.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Has scored in double-digits in 10-straight games. The last time a Wildcat did so was John Wall last season.
- Went without a 3-pointer for the first time since the UConn game.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Has hit a 3-pointer in seven straight games
- Has hit multiple 3-pointers in 11 games this season
- Converted his fifth three-point play of the season
- Finished with 10 first-half points, the sixth time this season he’s going for double-digits in the first half.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Fouled out for the first time this season and only the second time in his career.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Has double-figure rebounds in three-straight games and six of the last seven. It marks the second time this season he’s recorded double-figure rebounds in three-straight games.
- Has blocked a shot in seven-straight games
- The Wildcats lost their first game when Harrellson pulls down double-figure rebounds.