Kentucky-Louisville Postgame Notes
Jan. 4, 2009
- Kentucky is now 11-4 on the season. Louisville is 9-3.
- Kentucky leads the series 26-14. The Wildcats are 10-7 in Louisville against the Cardinals.
- Kentucky owns a 120-33 record in Louisville and a 57-18 record in Freedom Hall.
- This was the closest UK-UL game since the 2005 contest won by Kentucky 60-58.
- Kentucky returns to home action on Saturday, opening SEC play against Vanderbilt. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. with the game being televised on Raycom.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Kevin Galloway, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. Kentucky is 4-1 with that starting five.
- UK controlled the opening tip, the 12th time in the first 15 games the Wildcats have won the opening tip.
- Ramon Harris was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was the second time this season he was the first Wildcat off the bench.
- UK extended its string of 688 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- Kentucky committed 14 first half turnovers, the most since turning the ball over 17 times in the first frame against Kansas State.
- The Wildcats trailed 38-35 at the half, the first time UK has trailed at halftime since falling behind 46-26 to Miami (Fla.) on Dec. 6.
- Jodie Meeks (28) and Patrick Patterson (22) have each gone for 20 points in the same game three times.
Individual game notes
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Perry Stevenson has recorded a block in eight straight games.
- Recorded his seventh three-block game this season.
- Connected on his second career three-pointer.
#22 Ramon Harris
- Logged 23 minutes, the most since playing 39 against Kansas State.
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Jodie Meeks has scored in double figures in all 15 games this season. The last time a Wildcat scored in double-figures in 15 straight games was Joe Crawford in the last season.
- Meeks is averaging 13.7 points in the first half this season.
- Jodie Meeks has hit 27 three-pointers in his last five games.
- Meeks has scored in double figures in the first half 11 times this season and including the last five games.
- Meeks has connected on multiple three-pointers in nine straight games and has hit a three-pointer in 16 straight games.
- Meeks' numbers in Freedom Hall this season are as follows: 22-40 from the field, 12-23 behind the three-point line, 18-19 from the free throw line, six steals and 74 points.
- Patterson recorded his ninth double-double of the season and the 15 th of his career. He is now tied for 22 nd on UK's all-time double-double list with Kevin Grevey, Bob Guyette, Ted Deeken and Johnny Cox.
- Patterson has scored in double digits in 12 straight games.
- Has recorded six 20-point games this season.
- Patrick Patterson connected on 22 straight free throws before missing in the second half.