No. 22 Baseball vs. Kent State -- Post-Game Notes
May 31, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Kentucky vs. Kent State
May 31, 2014 -- Louisville, Ky.
Jim Patterson Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- UK improved to 13-15 all-time in the NCAA tournament.
- UK is 6-2 all-time vs. Kent State.
- UK moved to 7-3 in neutral site games.
- UK is 10-7 on Saturdays and 9-7 in May.
- Kentucky moved to 5-3 in its all-grey uniform combination.
- UK is now 22-17 in day games.
- UK turned its 58th double play of 2014.
- UK is 16-2 when not committing an error.
- Kentucky is 24-18 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 12-16 when its opponent scores first.
- Kentucky won its first game of the year when trailing after eight innings.
- Kentucky will face the loser of Louisville and Kansas on Sunday, with the first pitch set for 12 p.m. ET.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed made his 16th start on the mound in 2014.
- Reed made his team-leading 115th consecutive start.
- Reed worked nine innings, allowing two runs, no walks and three strikeouts.
- Reed picked up his 12th win of 2014, tying him with Joe Georger for second in UK history.
- Reed worked his 12th quality start of the season, the 21st of his career.
- Reed’s nine innings tie a career high and gave him the first complete game of his career.
- Reed has reached base safely in 56 of 60 games in 2014, including a team-high 31 straight.
- Reed hit his 18th double of the year, giving him his 71st RBI of 2014.
- Reed ranks third in UK career history with a 2.83 ERA, ranks 10th in wins (19) and 12th in innings pitched (248).
- Sophomore LF Ka’ai Tom made the fifth outfield assist of his career.
- Senior SS Matt Reida played in his 212th career game, tying him with Keenan Wiley and Darin Rieman for fourth in UK history.
- Reida’s 197 career starts rank him sixth in UK history.
- Reida collected his 11th two-out hit and his 11th two-out RBI.
- Reida had multiple hits for the 12th time this season.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 105 of his 113 career starts, including 17 straight.
- Kuhn picked up his 31st two-strike hit.
- Junior CF Austin Cousino reached on his third bunt single of 2014.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 160 of 177 career games, including 11 consecutive.
- Cousino collected his 23rd two-out hit of the season.
- Cousino has a hit in 10 of his last 11 games.
- Junior Thomas Bernal picked up his sixth multi-RBI game of the season.
- Bernal’s ninth double of the season brought home two runs, including the go-ahead run.
- Bernal collected his 20th two-out hit and his 10th two-out RBI.