Baseball at Georgia -- 5/17/14 -- Post-Game Notes
May 17, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Kentucky at Georgia
May 17, 2014 -- Athens, Ga.
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky ends the regular season 32-22, 14-16 SEC. Georgia finishes 26-28-1, 11-18-1 SEC.
- Georgia leads the all-time series 128-92-1, including a 66-36 record in Athens.
- UK has now won four consecutive series meetings with Georgia.
- UK is 9-7 on Saturdays and 5-5 in May.
- Kentucky falls to 5-4 in its blue and grey uniform combination.
- UK is now 19-15 in day games.
- Kentucky produced double-digit runs for the 18th time this season.
- UK moves to 23-13 when hitting at least one home run.
- Kentucky is 21-15 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 10-15 when its opponent scores first.
- Kentucky will continue action in the first round of the SEC tournament on Tuesday, May 20 in Hoover, Alabama.
- Freshman right hander Zack Brown made the third start of his career and his first career SEC start.
- Brown struck out two batters in 3.0 innings of work.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed cranked his NCAA-leading 23rd home run, giving him 40 for his career.
- Reed's 23 homers tie him with John Wilson and Jeff Abbott for the most in UK history for a single season.
- Reed made his team-leading 109th consecutive start.
- Reed has reached base safely in 50 of 54 games in 2014, including a team-high 25 straight.
- Reed charted his 19th multi-hit game of the season.
- Reed notched his team-leading 20th multi-RBI game of the year.
- Reed's 166 career RBI place him second in UK history.
- Reed hit his 14th double of the year, the 31st of his career.
- Reed owned his team-leading 28th two-out hit of the season.
- Reed collected his 69th and 70th RBI of 2014.
- Senior SS Matt Reida played in his 206th career game, placing him seventh in UK history.
- Reida hit a grand slam, giving him his fourth home run in 2014, and the sixth of his career.
- Reida had multiple RBI for the eighth time this season.
- Reida notched his ninth multi-hit game of the year.
- Reida tied his career high in RBI, with his grand slam marking the first of his career.
- Junior CF Austin Cousino hit his seventh career triple, ranking him eighth in UK history.
- Cousino has produced a hit in five straight games.
- Cousino collected his 20th two-out hit of the season, the 54th of his career.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 99 of his 107 career starts.
- Kuhn owned his 19th multi-hit game.
- Kuhn has inked a hit in seven straight games.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 11 consecutive games.
- Kuhn notched his 26th and 27th two-out hit of the year.
- Freshman RF Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 16 straight games.
- Wilson charted the sixth double of his career.
- Wilson laid down the fifth sacrifice bunt of his career.
- Sophomore LF Ka'ai Tom extended his hitting streak to a team-high 12 games.
- Junior 1B Thomas Bernal has reached base safely in 10 consecutive games.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby has reached base safely in 11 straight games.
- Sophomore lefty Dylan Dwyer made his fourth relief appearance of 2014.
- Sophomore southpaw Ryne Combs made his eighth SEC appearance this season.
- Sophomore righty Zach Strecker made his 16th appearance of the year.
- Strecker inherited two runners, giving him a total of eight for the season.
- Junior right hander Chandler Shepherd made his fourth relief appearance this year.
- Shepherd inherited his sixth and seventh runners of the season.
- Shepherd has tossed 5.2 innings of shutout ball in his last two outings.
- Sophomore catcher Zack Arnold has plated a hit in 10 straight games.