Baseball at Missouri -- Postgame Notes -- 5/15/15
May 15, 2015
Kentucky at Missouri
May 15, 2015
Taylor Stadium -- Columbia, Mo.
FINAL SCORE: Missouri 6, Kentucky 3
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 29-24, 13-15 in the Southeastern Conference. Missouri is 29-25, 15-14 in the SEC.
- Missouri leads the all-time series, 5-4.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 225-175 all-time record in his seventh year.
- The series will conclude on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET at Taylor Stadium.
- UK is 8-13 on the road in 2015 and 6-8 on the road in the SEC.
- UK is 21-18 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 4-6 in May.
- UK is 12-10 in night games.
- UK is 7-5 on Fridays.
- UK has picked off 14 runners in 2015.
- Kentucky has been plunked by a league-leading 81 pitches.
- The Wildcats are 24-10 when scoring first.
- UK has scored 56 runs in the third inning, its most productive inning on the year.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 105th consecutive start.
- Shelby has 41 RBI in 2015 and 62 in his career.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 49 of his 53 games in 2015.
- Shelby has 106 hits in his career, one away from Micheal Thomas (2011-14) for 41st in UK history.
- Shelby doubled for the 11th time in 2015 and the 17th time in his career.
- Junior leftfielder Ka’ai Tom has reached base safely in 49 of his 53 games in 2015 and in 97 of his 108 career games.
- Tom has reached base safely in a team-high 17 consecutive games.
- Tom has 143 hits in his career, passing Sean Coughlin (2006-07) for 28th in UK history.
- Senior third baseman Thomas Bernal has played in 143 games in his career with 115 starts.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett played in his 143rd career game.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 42 of 50 games in 2015 and in 109 of his 127 career starts.
- Barrett has 167 hits in his career, ranking 22nd in program history.
- Junior righty Dustin Beggs made his 14th weekend start of the year.
- UK is 8-6 when Beggs starts.
- Beggs suffered his first consecutive losses on the year. .
- Freshman first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 45 of his 50 career games.
- White was hit by his fifth pitch of the year.
- Junior catcher Greg Fettes picked off his first runner of the year.
- Fettes doubled for the third time this year.
- Sophomore rightfielder Storm Wilson stole his seventh and eighth bases of the year and has 11 in his career.
- Junior righty Bo Wilson appeared in his ninth game.