Postgame Notes vs. Georgia (Game Three)
Team Records and Series Notes
• Kentucky moves to 24-28 overall and 7-20 in the SEC, while Georgia improves to 26-26 on the season and 15-12 in league games.
• Kentucky now has an all-time record of 86-125-1 vs. Georgia. The Wildcats are 41-47-1 against the Bulldogs in games played in Lexington.
• UK head coach Gary Henderson is now 83-80 in his coaching career.
• The Wildcats are now 1664-1431-25 in NCAA play all-time.
Team Game Notes
• UK registered 12 or more hits for the fourth straight game.
• Taylor Black, Chad Wright, and Braden Kapteyn continued to be the only Wildcats to start all 52 games this season for UK.
• The Wildcats moved to 6-22 when their opponents score first in 2011.
• The Wildcats are 21-10 overall at Cliff Hagan Stadium in 2011, including 7-8 in conference home games.
• UK is now 7-9 when facing a starting left-handed pitcher.
• Kentucky’s next game is Tuesday as the Cats close out the home portion of their 2011 schedule against Western Kentucky. The game will begin at 6:30 p.m. The voice of UK Baseball, Neil Price will be calling the game on WLAP 630-AM and streamed live on UKathletics.com. Coverage will begin at 6:25 p.m.
Individual Game Notes
• Thomas McCarthy extended his hitting streak to seven straight with an RBI single in the third inning.
o Has three or more hits in five straight games.
o Has at least one RBI in five straight games.
o Finished 3-for-5 with three RBIs.
o In three games against Georgia, was 10-for-14 (.714) with three runs, two home runs and eight RBIs.
o Now tied for team lead with 70 hits in 2011.
• Taylor Black batted .357 with four runs and six RBIs in three games against Georgia.
o Finished 3-for-5 with two runs and an RBI.
o Had a bunt single in the fifth inning.
o His third hit of the game was an RBI single.
o Started his 92nd straight game at shortstop which is a team-high for most consecutive games started at one position.
• Luke Maile hit his 10th double of the season in the fourth inning.
o Recorded his third triple of the season, and of his career, in the sixth inning.
o Finished 2-for-3 with a run scored.
o Had two hits each in UK’s last four games.
o Was 6-for-10 with four runs and three RBIs in Georgia series.
• Chad Wright extended his hitting streak to four straight games with a single in his first at bat.
o Now has a hit in 13 of his last 14 games.
o Has now reached base in 28 of his last 29 games.
o Finished 2-for-4 with a run scored.
o Tied for the team-high with his 21st multi-hit game of the season.
o Was hit by a pitch for the 13th time this season.
• Neiko Johnson hit his second home run of the season, and the third of his career, in the third inning.
o It was Johnson’s second home run in his last four games.
o Finished 1-for-5 with a run and an RBI.
• Michael Williams extended his hitting streak to five straight with a second inning single.
o Has reached base safely in six straight games.
o Went 1-for-5.
• Jordan Cooper allowed five runs on nine hits in 4.2 innings on the mound. He walked one and struck out one.
o Sunday was Cooper’s shortest outing in his last five starts.
o Allowed a team-high eighth home run of the season.
• Nick Kennedy made his 19th relief appearance of the season.
o Allowed his first home run of the season.
o Pitched 1.2 innings, allowed three hits, two runs, struck out one and did not walk a batter.
• Trevor Gott made his 22nd relief appearance of the season.
o Pitched 1.1 innings, allowed one hit, walked one and struck out one.
o Gott’s 18th scoreless appearance of the season.
• Alex Phillips made his 26th relief appearance of the season.
o Pitched 1.1 innings, allowed one hit.
o 19th scoreless appearance of the season.