Baseball vs. No. 1 Vanderbilt -- Game Three -- Postgame Notes
May 12, 2013
GAME NOTES: Kentucky drops to 7-2 in its black and white uniform combination ... UK is now 18-12 at home and 6-9 vs. SEC foes at home ... UK is now 20-10 in day games ... UK falls to 6-14 against top-25 teams ... UK is now 6-4 on Sundays ... UK is now 19-15 against right-handed starting pitchers ... UK is not 7-6 when its opponent scores in the first inning and 8-13 when its opponent scores first ... UK leads the all-time series, 141-136-5, including a 71-52-1 mark in Lexington ... UK turned its 55th double play of the year.
- Junior J.T. Riddle made his team-leading 116th consecutive start.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett extended his team-long hitting streak to 14 games, the longest streak for UK in 2013.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino doubled for the team-best 12th time in 2013.
- Cousino had hit fourth three-hit game of the year and the 14th multi-hit game of the year.
- Junior Corey Littrell made his 13th start of the year and the 42nd of his three-year career.
- Littrell now ranks tied with Taylor Rogers (2010-12) for seventh in UK career history in starts.
- Littrell now has 254.2 career innings pitched, the 10th-best in UK history and 208 strikeouts, passing Rodney Bolton (1989-90) for ninth place in UK career history.
- Littrell picked off his SEC-leading sixth and seventh runners of the year.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed hit his team-best 12th homer of the year.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn hit his fifth homer of the year.
- Senior Walter Wijas appeared in his team-high 25th game out of the bullpen.
- Sophomore Chandler Shepherd appeared in his 22nd game of 2013.