Baseball vs. Georgia -- 5/10/15 -- Postgame Notes
May 10, 2015
Georgia at Kentucky
May 10, 2015
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Georgia 3, Kentucky 1 (10 innings)
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 27-23, with a 12-14 record in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 24-25, 9-17 in the SEC.
- Georgia leads the all-time series, 129-91-1, including a 50-44-1 record in games played in Lexington.
- UK and Georgia played its first extra-inning game in the series since 2003.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 223-174 all-time record in his seventh year.
- Kentucky will return to action on Tuesday, hosting Northern Kentucky in the final home game of the 2015 season, with first pitch at 7 p.m. and the game televised live on the SEC Network.
- Kentucky turned its 48th, 49th and 50th double plays of the year.
- UK is 8-7 when hitting a home run.
- UK is 22-9 when scoring first.
- UK is 14-11 at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- UK is 17-14 in day games.
- UK is 19-17 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 0-1 in its blue BP tops and white pants uniform combination.
- UK is 4-6 on Sundays.
- UK is 7-7 vs. SEC foes at home.
- UK is 2-5 in May.
- UK is 3-4 in extra-inning games in 2015 and 22-22 in extra-inning games since 2003.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 102nd consecutive start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 46 of his 50 games in 2015.
- Shelby hit his eighth homer of the year and the 12th of his career.
- UK has hit four full-count homers in 2015, with Shelby accounting for three.
- The Shelby family, including John T. Shelby (2004-06), have combined to hit 45 homers in their UK baseball careers.
- UK is 5-3 when Shelby hits a homer.
- Shelby his hit three go-ahead homers on the year.
- Shelby has 103 career hits, ranking 42nd in UK baseball history.
- Junior leftfielder Ka’ai Tom has reached base safely in 46 of his 50 games in 2015 and in 94 of his 105 career games.
- Tom has reached base safely in a team-high 14 consecutive games.
- Tom was caught stealing for the first time in 2015 on his 16th try.
- Senior third baseman Thomas Bernal has played in 140 games in his career with 112 starts.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett played in his 140th career game.
- Junior righty Kyle Cody appeared in his 13th game of the year and made his 11th start.
- Cody has appeared in 46 games with 27 starts in his career.
- UK is 5-6 in Cody’s starts.
- Cody worked a career-high eight innings.
- Freshman first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 44 of his 47 career games.
- White has 18 multiple-hit games on the year.
- Sophomore southpaw Logan Salow appeared in his 22nd game of the year and the 45th of his career.
- Junior righty Zach Strecker appeared in his team-high 23rd game of the year and the 57th of his career.
- Freshman lefty Zach Logue appeared in his 18th game of the year.
- Senior righty Spencer Jack pitched in his 19th game of the year and the 45th of his career.