Baseball vs. Aubrn -- 5/10/14 -- Post-Game Notes
May 10, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Auburn at Kentucky
May 10, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the loss, Kentucky drops to 29-20, 11-15 in the SEC. Auburn improves to 27-24, 10-16 in the SEC.
- Auburn leads the all-time series, 74-41, including a 35-20 mark in Lexington.
- UK is 29-19, 11-14 SEC. Auburn is 26-24, 9-16 SEC.
- UK is now 18-10 in home games and 6-8 in SEC home games.
- UK is 9-6 on Saturdays and 2-3 in May.
- UK is 11-6 in night games.
- UK drops to 11-3 in its blue/white uniform combination.
- Kentucky is now 9-13 in games where its opponent scores first and 6-8 when its opponent scores in the first inning.
- Kentucky will conclude its series with Auburn and its home schedule on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium. The game will be televised live by Fox Sports South and CWKYT, with Dick Gabriel, Doug Flynn and Brian Milam calling the action. The finale will also be broadcast live on the UK IMG Radio network, with the Voice of UK Baseball, Neil Price, calling the action. Fans in Central Kentucky can hear the game live on WLAP 630-AM, in Louisville on WKJK 1080-AM and online at UKathletics.com.
- Senior SS Matt Reida played in his 201st career game, 10th in UK history.
- Reida has started 186 games in his career, the ninth-most in UK history.
- Junior righty Chandler Shepherd made his 19th career start and his ninth of 2014.
- It marked Shepherd’s first start since April 5 vs. Florida, after missing 21 days due to injury.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed made his team-leading 105th consecutive start.
- Reed has reached base safely in 45 of 49 games in 2014 and in 20 straight.
- Senior Micheal Thomas caught his 24th consecutive game.
- Junior 3B Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 94 of his 102 career starts.
- Freshman RF Storm Wilson extended his hitting streak to nine games, equaling him with Zach Arnold for the longest on the club.
- Wilson doubled for the fourth and fifth time in 2014 and now has six extra-base hits in his last eight SEC games.
- It marked Wilson’s first career two-double game.
- Sophomore LF Ka’ai Tom doubled for the ninth time in 2014.