Baseball vs. Auburn -- 5/9/14 -- Post-Game Notes
May 9, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
Auburn at Kentucky
May 9, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- UK improved to 29-19, 11-14 SEC. Auburn dropped to 26-24, 9-16 SEC.
- Auburn leads the series 73-41, including a 34-20 record in Lexington.
- UK's last win vs. Auburn came in 2010. Its last victory in Lexington vs. Auburn came in 2009.
- Kentucky is 18-9 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season, including a 6-7 record vs. SEC opponents.
- UK has a record of 10-6 vs. a left handed started pitcher.
- Kentucky is 11-5 in night games this season.
- UK is 20-11 when hitting at least one home run.
- UK is 8-5 on Fridays.
- UK moves to 13-2 when not committing an error.
- UK turned its 46th double play of 2014, ranking second in the SEC.
- Kentucky is 20-7 when scoring first.
- UK moves to 8-3 in its all-white uniform combination.
- Kentucky improves to 2-2 in the month of May.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida played in his 200th career game, marking the 10th player in program history to play in 200 or more games.
- Reida has now started 185 games in his career to pass Billy Thompson (1990-93) for ninth in UK history.
- Reida smacked his sixth double of 2014, the 23rd of his career.
- Reida inked his ninth two-out hit, giving him his 10th two-out RBI.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed made his team-high 13th start of the year.
- It marked Reed's 27th consecutive weekend-opening start and his 28th straight start against an SEC foe or weekend opponent.
- Reed made his team-leading 104th consecutive start.
- Reed worked 8.0 innings, tossing 119 pitches, 77 for strikes.
- Reed's outing marks his 10th quality start of the year, the 19th of his career.
- Reed hit his NCAA-leading 21st home run.
- With 21 homers, Reed moves into third place in the UK history books for single-season home runs.
- Reed ranks seventh in UK history for RBI in a season with 63.
- Reed ranks third on the UK career lists for home runs and RBI.
- Reed has reached base safely in 44 of 48 games this season, including the last 19 contests.
- Reed has collected a walk in five consecutive games.
- Reed wore his team-leading 12th hit by pitch of 2014.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino has reached base safely in 150 of 164 career games.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 93 of 101 career games.
- Kuhn inked his 31st career RBI in SEC play.
- Freshman outfielder Storm Wilson extended his hitting streak to eight games.
- Wilson was hit by a pitch for a team-leading 13th time.
- Junior first baseman Thomas Bernal has reached base safely in four straight games.
- Sophomore Ka'ai Tom has notched a hit in six consecutive games.
- Tom had multiple hits for the 13th time this season, his fifth three-hit game.
- Tom collected his 21st two-out hit, giving him 13 two-out RBI.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas collected his 22nd two-out hit of 2014.
- Freshman second baseman JaVon Shelby laid down his third career sacrifice bunt.
- Shelby has reached base safely in five straight games.
- Freshman southpaw Logan Salow made his 19th relief appearance.
- Junior Spencer Jack made his 22nd appearance of 2014.
- Jack inherited his 27th runner, not allowing a score.