Baseball vs. Wright State -- Postgame Notes
May 7, 2013
GAME NOTES: UK scored multiple runs in the first inning for the first time since April 2 at No. 9 Louisville ... UK improved to 13-3 when scoring in the first inning and 20-7 when scoring first ... UK is now 18-9 at home and 12-3 at home in non-league games ... UK is now 2-2 in May ... UK is now 8-3 in midweek games ... UK improves to 9-7 against left-handed starting pitching ... UK is now 7-9 in night games ... UK leads the all-time series with Wright State, 12-7, including a 11-5 mark in games played in Lexington ... UK has won six consecutive meetings in the series.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his 113th consecutive start.
- Riddle struck out multiple times for the first game of 2013.
- Senior lefty Jerad Grundy made his 12th start of the year and the 28th of his career.
- It marked Grundy’s first career midweek start.
- In five non-conference starts in 2013, Grundy has a 1.44 ERA in 31.2 innings pitched.
- Senior Zac Zellers has now reached base safely in 11 consecutive games.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino was hit by his SEC-leading 19th and 20th pitches.
- Cousino has now been hit by the third-most pitches in UK single-season history.
- Freshman Greg Fettes hung his second sacrifice fly of the year.
- Fettes drew his third two-walk game of the year.
- Junior Micheal Thomas was hit by his 15th pitch of the year.
- Thomas laid down his seventh sacrifice bunt of the year.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett extended his hitting streak to a team-high 11 games, the longest streak of 2013 for UK.
- Barrett recorded his 15th and 16th two-out hits of the year.
- Barrett tied his career high with three hits, his third career three-hit game and the first since April 16 vs. No. 8 Louisville.
- Junior Matt Reida notched his 12th two-out hit of 2013.
- Senior Walter Wijas made his team-high 24th appearance of the year.
- Two innings for Wijas marked his longest outing since March 23, equaling his longest outing of 2013.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn drew his team-high 33rd and 34th walks.
- Kuhn drew his first multi-walk game since March 29 vs. Georgia.
- Junior righty Trevor Gott recorded his single-season school-record 11th save of the year.
- Gott now has 22 career saves, tops in program history.
- Gott has saved 11-of-14 chances in 2013 and 22-of-26 in his career.