No. 23 Baseball vs. No. 14 Arkansas -- Game Three -- Postgame Notes
May 4, 2013
GAME NOTES: UK’s two errors in the first inning snapped a four-game stretch of errorless baseball ... UK started a right-hander on the weekend for the first time in a 106-game span ... Arkansas leads the all-time series with UK, 35-23, including a 15-12 mark in games played in Lexington ... UK is now 8-7 against left-handed starting pitching ... UK is now 8-12 when its opponent scores first and 7-4 when its opponent scores in the first inning ... UK is now 7-1 when wearing white and black jerseys and is 21-2 in this uniform combination the last two years ... UK drops to 6-11 against top-25 teams ... UK turned its 49th double play of the year ... UK is now 7-2 in last at bat games in 2013 ... UK won its first game in 18 chances in 2013 when ending the eighth inning trailing ... UK is now 8-9 when making two errors ... UK is 15-5 when hitting at least one homer ... UK is now an SEC-leading 10-5 in one-run games in 2013.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-high 112th consecutive start.
- Senior Zac Zellers hit his third homer of the year.
- Zellers recorded his third game-winning RBI of the year.
- Zellers now has 10 multi-hit games in 2013.
- Freshman Kyle Cody made his eighth career start and his first in conference play.
- Cody worked a career-long seven innings.
- Cody tossed his third quality start of 2013.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino was hit by his SEC-leading 17th and 18th pitches of the year.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett extended his hitting streak to a club-high 10 games.
- Barrett now has 12 multi-hit games in 2013.
- With the win, Chandler Shepherd improved to 7-1 in his two-year career with the lone loss coming in a quality start in the NCAA Regional Championship game.