No. 25 Baseball at Tennessee -- 5/2/14 -- Post-Game Notes
May 2, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
No. 25 UK at Tennessee
May 2, 2014 -- Knoxville, Tenn.
Lindsey Nelson Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky falls to 28-18, 10-13 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee improves to 27-17, 9-14 in the SEC.
- UK is now 10-5 in night games.
- The Wildcats are now 19-13 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 8-8 on the road in 2014 and 5-6 on the road in the SEC.
- UK drops to 7-5 on Fridays.
- UK is now 1-1 in May.
- The Wildcats notched their 11th bunt single of the year.
- UK is now 9-11 when its opponent scores first.
- The series will conclude on Saturday at 12 p.m. ET. The game will be televised live on FSN, with Dave Baker and Larry Conley voicing the action. The game will also be broadcast live on the UK IMG Radio Network, with the Voice of UK Baseball, Neil Price, calling the action. Fans in Central Kentucky can hear the game live on WLAP 630-AM, in Louisville on WKJK 1080-AM and online at UKathletics.com. UK will turn to junior righty Andrew Nelson (1-4, 4.61 ERA) to face off with Tennessee ace southpaw Andy Cox (3-1, 1.96 ERA).
- Sophomore lefthander Dylan Dwyer made his ninth career start and his fourth career SEC start.
- Junior lefty/first baseman A.J. Reed has made a team-leading 102 consecutive starts.
- Reed has reached base safely in 42 of 46 games in 2014.
- Reed has reached base safely in a team-high 17 straight games.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida has played in 198 career games, moving into a tie with Billy Thompson (1990-93) for 10th in UK history.
- Reida has made 183 starts, ranking 10th best in UK career history.
- Reida has seven multi-hit games and 28 in his career.
- Reida hit his third homer of the year, a new career high.
- Reida now has five homers in his career.
- After homering on Thursday, it marked the first game with back-to-back homers in his career.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn has now reached base safely in 91 of 99 career starts.
- Freshman rightfielder Storm Wilson laid down his second bunt single of the year.
- Wilson extended his hitting streak to six games.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino extended his hitting streak to a team-high 10 games.
- Cousino has now reached base safely in 149 of his 162 career games.
- Cousino has 18 two-out hits.
- Cousino has 18 multi-hit games in 2014 and 60 in his career.
- Cousino tripled for the third time in 2014 and the sixth time in his career.
- Cousino is now tied with seven players for 10th in UK career history.
- Sophomore rightfielder Ka’ai Tom notched his 19th two-out hit and his 11th two-out RBI.
- Junior righty Chandler Shepherd made his second relief appearance of the year.