Baseball at No. 3 Louisville -- Postgame Notes
Kentucky at No. 3 Louisville
April 28, 2015
Jim Patterson Stadium -- Louisville, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: No. 3 Louisville 2, Kentucky 1 (10 innings)
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 25-18 and Louisville is 35-10.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series with Louisville, 67-37-1, including a 25-18-1 all-time mark in games played in Louisville.
- UK played its third all-time extra-inning game vs. Louisville and its first since 2013.
- UK coach Gary Henderson has a 221-169 all-time record in his seventh year.
- Henderson is 7-7 in his career vs. Louisville.
- Kentucky will return to action on Friday, opening a series with No. 8 Vanderbilt at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Kentucky’s stretch of facing eight consecutive top-10 opponents is the toughest stretch in program history, with complete records dating back to 2003.
- UK is 21-7 when scoring first.
- UK has scored 37 runs in the third inning in 2015, its most of any inning on the year.
- UK is 7-7 in April.
- UK is 8-7 in night games.
- UK is 15-8 in non-conference games.
- UK is 5-5 in midweek games.
- UK is 7-12 on the road.
- UK is 18-13 vs. a RHSP.
- UK is 3-3 in extra innings in 2015.
- UK is 7-11 vs. top-20 teams in 2015, including a 4-3 mark against top-five foes.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 95th consecutive start.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett played in his team-high 134th career game, starting his 117th contest.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 36 of 42 games in 2015 and in 103 of his 118 career starts.
- Barrett has 155 career hits, two away from Chris Bisson (2008-10) for 24th in UK history.
- Freshman first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 12 consecutive games.
- White has reached base safely in 38 of his 40 career NCAA games.
- Sophomore southpaw Logan Salow made his second start of the year in his 18th appearance.
- Salow set a new season-high in innings pitched (four) passing the 3.1 frames pitched at No. 16 UC Santa Barbara on Feb. 22.
- Salow picked off his second runner of the year.
- Salow started seven of the 13 hitters he faced with first-pitch strikes.
- UK is 1-1 in Salow’s starts.
- Salow has appeared in 41 games and made four starts in his career.
- Senior third baseman Thomas Bernal has played in 133 games in his career with 105 starts.
- Bernal has 124 hits in his career, one away from Chad Stewart (2003-04) for 33rd in UK history.
- Bernal was hit by his 39th career pitch, ranking second in UK history and eight away from Austin Cousino (2012-14).
- Junior leftfielder Ka’ai Tom has reached base safely in 39 of his 43 games in 2015 and in 87 of his 98 career games.
- Tom has 27 two-out hits in 2015, leading the club.
- Tom has 131 hits in his career, two away from 29th place and Max Kuhn (2012-14).
- Tom’s .347 career average ranks just behind John Wilson (.348; 1998-2000) and seventh in UK history.
- Sophomore rightfielder Storm Wilson doubled for the fourth time in 2015 and the 10th time in his career.
- Sophomore shortstop Connor Heady extended his hitting streak to five games.
- Junior catcher Greg Fettes was plunked by his fourth pitch of the year.
- Junior lefty Dylan Dwyer appeared in his 14th game of the year and the 42nd of his career.
- Dwyer worked a season-best 4.1 innings.
- Junior right-hander Zach Strecker appeared in his team-leading 19th game of the year and the 53rd of his career.
- Senior righty Spencer Jack appeared in his 17th game of the year and the 43rd in his career.
- Sophomore righty Robert Zeigler appeared in his 10th game in 2015 and the 16th in his career.
- Freshman lefty Zach Logue appeared in his 15th game.