No. 17 Baseball vs. No. 12 Ole Miss -- 4/27/14 -- Post-Game Notes
April 27, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
No. 17 UK vs. No. 12 Ole Miss
April 27, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the loss Kentucky drops to 27-17, 9-12 SEC, while Ole Miss moves to 33-12, 13-8 SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record vs. Ole Miss is 31-47.
- UK is now 17-9 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK is 8-8 vs. top 25 teams in 2014.
- Kentucky is now 18-12 vs. a right handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky is 19-7 when scoring first.
- UK is 18-13 in day games.
- Kentucky has produced double-digit hits 25 times this season.
- UK turned its 42nd double play of the year.
- Kentucky has a record of 3-6 on Sunday’s in 2014.
- UK moves to 3-3 in its black and white uniform combination.
- UK will begin its series with Tennessee on Thursday, with the first pitch set for 7:30 p.m. ET at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.
- Junior righty Andrew Nelson made his ninth start of 2014.
- Nelson worked 4.0 innings, walking one and striking out one.
- Junior A.J. Reed has started a team-high 100 consecutive games.
- Reed has charted a hit in seven straight games.
- Reed has reached base safely in 40 of his 44 games this season.
- Reed was walked multiple times for the eighth time this year.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino has charted a hit in eight straight games.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 147 of 160 career games.
- Junior third base Max Kuhn has now reached base safely in 89 of his 97 career starts.
- Kuhn picked up his 23rd two-out hit and 20th two-out RBI of 2014.
- Kuhn has collected 26 hits with runners in scoring position this season.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom notched his 12th multi-hit game of the season.
- Tom collected the sixth multi-RBI game of his career.
- Tom smacked his eighth double of 2014, bringing home two runs.
- Tom notched his 16th two-out hit, giving him seven two-out RBI.
- Tom inked his 13th hit with runners in scoring position.
- Tom threw out a runner at home for his second career assist.
- Tom charted his fourth career three-hit game.
- Freshman outfielder Storm Wilson made the 16th start of his career.
- Wilson belted his third career homer, the second of the weekend.
- Wilson has reached base safely in six consecutive games.
- Wilson has charted a hit in four consecutive games.
- Wilson inked his fourth career multi-hit game.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby had multiple hits for the 10th time of his career.
- Shelby picked up his second career three-hit game.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida has reached base safely in four straight games.
- Reida picked up his eighth two-out hit of 2014.
- Reida had multiple hits for the seventh time this season.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas hit his sixth career sacrifice fly, the third of 2014.
- Sophomore Kyle Cody made his 14th appearance of the year.
- Cody hurled 1.2 innings, tossing 47 pitches, 26 for strikes.
- Freshman southpaw Logan Salow made his 17th appearance of 2014.
- Salow inherited two runners, not allowing either to score.
- Salow has inherited 21 runners on the year, allowing only three to score.
- Junior right hander Spencer Jack made his ninth SEC appearance of the season.
- Jack struck out two batters in 1.2 innings of work.
- Freshman reliever Zack Brown made his 13th appearance of the season.