No. 24 UK at No. 16 Ole Miss - Game Three - Postgame Notes
April 27, 2013
GAME NOTES: Kentucky is now 44-30 all-time against Ole Miss, including 26-10 in games played in Oxford ... UK is now 9-4 in one-run games in 2013 and is 28-15 in one or two-run games over the last two seasons ... UK improved to 4-1 in blue and gray uniform combinations ... UK is now 7-9 on the road, 4-8 on the road in the SEC ... UK is now 5-9 vs. top-25 teams ... UK is now 5-5 on Saturday’s ... UK is now 19-10 against right-handed starting pitching ... UK is now 7-10 when its opponent scores first.
- Junior J.T. Riddle made his team-0leading 109th consecutive start.
- Junior Corey Littrell made his 40th career start and his 11th of the year.
- Littrell now ranks tied for eighth with Jay Ray (1982-85) and Scott Downs (1995-97) for career starts.
- Littrell picked off his fifth runner of the year.
- Littrell worked his 22nd career quality start and the eighth of 2013.
- Littrell now has 20 career wins, moving into a tie with Andrew Albers (2005-08), Jeff Keener (1980-81) and Paul Kilgus (1981-84) and just four away from the record.
- Senior Zac Zellers was hit by his 10th pitch of the year in the second inning.
- Zellers stole his sixth base of the year.
- Zellers recorded his seventh sacrifice fly of the year.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed recorded his eighth double of the year.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn has now reached base safely in 40 of 43 games this year.
- Junior Matt Reida laid down his team-high eighth sacrifice bunt of the year.
- With his 23rd career sac bunt, Reida moved into a tie for sixth in UK career history, joining Michael Bertram (2003-06) and Jeff Michael (1990-93).
- Freshman Greg Fettes hit his second homer of the year, his first game-tying bomb of the year.
- Junior Trevor Gott saved his 10th game of the year.
- Gott now has a single-season record 10 saves in 2013, breaking his 2012 mark of nine.
- Gott now has a career record 21 saves in 25 chances.