No. 17 Baseball vs. No. 12 Ole Miss -- 4/25/14 -- Post-Game Notes
April 25, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
No. 17 UK vs. No. 12 Ole Miss
April 25, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the loss Kentucky drops to 27-15, 9-10 SEC, while Ole Miss moves to 31-12, 11-8 SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record vs. Ole Miss is 31-45.
- UK is now 17-7 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season. .
- UK is now 18-11 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky is 8-10 when its opponent scores first.
- UK is 9-4 in night games.
- Kentucky has a record of 7-4 on Friday’s in 2014.
- UK moves to 7-3 in its all-white uniform combination.
- UK will continue its series with Ole Miss on Saturday, with the first pitch set for 1 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Junior southpaw A.J. Reed made his 11th start of 2014.
- Reed has started a team-high 98 consecutive games.
- Reed cranked his NCAA-leading 17th home run of the season.
- Reed notched his team-leading 15th multi-RBI game.
- Reed has reached base safely in 38 of his 42 games this season.
- Reed now has 23 two-out hits and 23 two-out RBI.
- Reed charted his 29th two-strike hit of the season.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino has charted a hit in six straight games.
- Cousino smacked his 11th double of the year, the 43rd of his career.
- Sophomore Sam Mahar made his ninth appearance in relief this season.
- Mahar worked 2.2 innings managing to strike out four batters.
- Sophomore right hander Taylor Martin made his third SEC appearance this season.
- Martin inherited his first two runners of 2014, not allowing either to score.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas plated his 38th career SEC hit.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby collected his third career multi-walk game.
- Junior first baseman Thomas Bernal extended his hitting streak to 14 games.
- Bernal had multiple hits for the 13th time this season.
- Bernal charted his fifth three-hit game of 2014.
- Bernal inked his 16th two-out hit.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 18 consecutive games.
- Kuhn has now reached base safely in 88 of his 95 career starts.
- Kuhn wore his fifth hit by pitch of the season.