No. 24 UK at No. 16 Ole Miss - Game One - Postgame Notes
April 25, 2013
GAME NOTES: UK has now hit five first-inning homers in 2013 ... UK turned its 45th double play of the year in the second inning ... UK is now 19-7 when scoring first and 6-3 when scoring in the first inning ... UK is now 6-8 on the road, including 3-7 on the road in the SEC ... UK is 6-10 in night games ... UK improves to 18-9 against a right-handed starting pitcher .... UK is now 15-7 when hitting at least one homer ... UK is now 4-8 against top-25 teams ... UK won its first game as the ESPNU Thursday Night SEC Game of the Week, improving to 1-2 the last three years as the game of the week ... UK is now 1-1 on Thursday's in 2013 ... UK is now 8-4 in one-run games and 9-6 in one or two-run games.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-leading 107th consecutive start.
- Riddle was hit by his sixth pitch of the year to leadoff the fourth.
- Junior Paul McConkey made his first career start at first base.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed made his team-high 11th start on the mound.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino hit his sixth homer of the year in the first inning.
- It was Cousino's second first-inning homer of the year and his second go-ahead homer of 2013.
- He now has 15 homers in his career.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn had his eighth double of the year in the second inning.
- Kuhn's two-out double was his 18th two-out hit of the year.
- Freshman Greg Fettes made his first career Friday-night start.
- Fettes ripped his fourth double of the year.
- The double was Fettes' seventh two-strike hit of the year, with seven of his first 11 hits coming with two strikes.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett hit his 11th two-strike hit of the year.
- Junior Matt Reida doubled for the sixth time of 2013.