Baseball vs. Xavier -- Postgame Notes
April 21, 2015
Xavier at Kentucky
April 21, 2015
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 6, Xavier 1
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 23-16 and Xavier is 10-30.
- UK coach Gary Henderson has a 219-167 all-time record in his seventh year.
- Henderson is 5-0 in his career vs. Xavier.
- UK holds a 30-8 all-time lead in the series with Xavier.
- UK has a 22-6 record in games played in Lexington.
- UK has won 12 consecutive games in the serieos, dating back to a 1998 loss.
- Kentucky will return to action on Friday, starting a three-game series at No. 6 Florida, with first pitch at 7 p.m. at McKethan Stadium.
- Kentucky turned its 39th double play of the year in the first inning and its 40th in the sixth.
- UK has scored 36 runs in the first inning in 2015, its most of any inning.
- The Wildcats scored in four consecutive innings for the first time since a March 1 win vs. Mount St. Mary’s.
- UK is 19-5 when scoring first and 12-5 when scoring in the first inning.
- Kentucky has a 12-6 record at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- UK is 16-11 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 6-6 in night games.
- UK is 5-4 in midweek games.
- Under coach Gary Henderson , UK is 192-8 when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 91st consecutive start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in a team-high 13 straight games.
- Shelby has 17 two-out hits and 16 two-out RBI.
- Shelby charted his 18th multi-hit game.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett played in his team-high 130th career game, starting his 114th contest.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 34 of 38 games in 2015 and in 100 of his 113 career starts.
- Barrett has a five-game hitting streak.
- Barrett has 21 two-out hits and 10 two-out RBI.
- Barrett has 22 multi-hit games in 2015.
- Junior righty Kyle Cody made his ninth start of the year in his 10th appearance.
- Cody has appeared in 44 games and started 25 in his career.
- Cody worked four shutout innings in his first appearance since April 12 at Arkansas.
- Cody improved to 10-7 in his three-year career with the win.
- Junior leftfielder Ka’ai Tom doubled for the 13th time in 2015 and the 26th time in his career.
- Tom has 127 hits in his career, passing Chad Stewart (2003-04) for 32nd in UK history and tying Mike Breyman (2003-04) for 31st.
- Tom has 24 two-out hits.
- Tom notched his 20th multi-hit game of the year and seven three-hit games.
- Tom stole his 14th base in 14 attempts in 2015 and is 28-for-32 in his career.
- Junior rightfielder Storm Wilson totaled his second outfield assist of the year and the third of his career.
- Wilson hung his fifth sac fly of the year and the eighth of his career.
- Wilson notched his sixth two-out RBI.
- Sophomore shortstop Connor Heady notched his seventh two-out hit.
- Heady was hit by his 10th pitch in 2015 and the 12th in his career.
- Junior catcher Zach Arnold was hit by his sixth pitch of the year.
- Arnold doubled for sixth time in 2015 and the ninth time in his career.
- Junior outfielder Dorian Hairston laid down his second career sacrifice bunt.
- Freshman first baseman Evan White has a team-leading eight game hitting streak.
- White doubled for the ninth time.
- Junior right-hander Taylor Martin appeared in his eighth game of the year and the 26th of his career.
- Junior lefty Dylan Dwyer made his 12th relief appearance of the year and the 40th of his career.
- Dwyer has inherited 11 runners in 2015 and allowed three to score, facing his first bases-loaded jam of the year.
- Dwyer has inherited 23 runners in his career, allowing only eight to score.
- Sophomore righty Robert Zeigler has appeared in eight games and 14 in his career.
- Junior right-hander Zach Strecker appeared in his team-leading 17th game of the year and the 51st of his career.
- Freshman righty Zach Pop appeared in his ninth game of the year.