No. 17 Baseball at No. 14 South Carolina -- Game Three -- Postgame Notes
April 21, 2013
GAME NOTES: Kentucky turned its 40th double play of the year in the first inning ... UK turned its 41st double play of the year in the second ... UK turned its 42nd double play in the fifth ... UK turned its 43rd double play in the sixth ... UK turned a season-high four double plays ... South Carolina extends its all-time series lead with UK to 44-32, including a 26-10 mark in Columbia ... UK drops to 5-7 on the road, including a 2-7 mark in the SEC ... UK is now 19-9 in day games ... UK is now 7-7 against left-handed starting pitching ... UK drops to 3-8 against top-25 teams ... UK falls to 18-7 when scoring first ... UK is now 6-3 on Sunday and 1-2 in its black and gray uniform combination.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-high 104th consecutive start.
- Senior Zac Zellers hit leadoff for the second time in his career and the first of 2013.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino hit No. 2 in the order for the first time in his career.
- Cousino stole his team-high 11th base of the year in the fourth.
- Freshman catcher Greg Fettes made his first career back-to-back starts.
- Junior Corey Littrell made his 10th start of the year and the 39th of his career.
- With his 39th career start, Littrell is tied with 10th in UK career history.
- Littrell worked his 21st career quality start and his seventh of 2013.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed hit his sixth double of the year in the fourth.