No. 19 Baseball at Texas A&M -- 4/20/14 -- Post-Game Notes
April 20, 2014
Team Records and Notes
- With the loss, Kentucky drops to 26-14, 9-9 in the Southeastern Conference. Texas A&M improves to 24-17, 8-10 SEC.
- The series between the two teams is now tied 3-3.
- UK fell short of sweeping its sixth SEC series on the road since 1979, with UK owning SEC road sweeps in 2008, 2000, 1993, 1988 and 1985.
- UK is now 7-7 on the road and 4-5 on the road in the SEC.
- UK is 3-5 on Sunday’s in 2014.
- UK is now 17-10 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 18-11 in day games.
- UK falls to 1-4 in its black and gray uniform combination.
- UK turned a season-high equaling three double plays and have now turned 41 in 2014.
- UK will return to action on Tuesday, hosting Tennessee Tech at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino had his streak of a team-high 151 consecutive starts snapped due to illness.
- It marked just the second time in Cousino’s three-year career that he has not started.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida has now played in 192 career games, the 11th most in UK history.
- Reida has started 177 games in his career, the 10th most in UK annals.
- Junior LHP/first baseman A.J. Reed made his team-leading 96th consecutive start.
- Reed hit his NCAA-leading 16th home run of the year, a no-doubt blast to the opposite field.
- Reed’s 16 homers marks the most for a UK player since Collin Cowgill and Sawyer Carroll each hit 19 homers in 2008.
- Reed now has 33 career homers, equaling John Shelby (2004-06) for 11th in program history.
- Reed now has 21 two-out hits and 20 two-out RBI.
- Reed now has 148 career RBI, ranking ninth in UK history.
- Junior first baseman Thomas Bernal extended his hitting streak to 12 games.
- Bernal charted his fifth double of the year, which marked his 14th two-out hit and seventh two-out RBI of the year.
- Sophomore rightfield Kyle Barrett laid down UK’s 10th bunt single of the year in the second.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn drew his SEC-leading 31st walk of the year.
- Kuhn has now reached base safely in 86 of his 93 career starts.
- Junior righty Andrew Nelson made his eighth career start.
- Freshman centerfielder Marcus Carson made his first career SEC start.
- Carson now has five two-out hits
- Sophomore leftfielder Ka’ai Tom stole his 12th bases of the year.
- Tom notched his 14th two-out hit.